Who We Are: Steamboat- Ski Town, U.S.A. ® is known as the friendliest mountain destination in the world, thanks to our western heritage and welcoming staff. We pride ourselves on hiring the best employees and providing the best experience in the industry. Our employee satisfaction scores top the charts and we have employees who choose to work for the resort for 2, 5, 10, 20 plus years. Fair warning, starting a job at Steamboat could lead to endless fun, lifelong friendships and a rooted sense of community.
Who We’re Looking For: Friendly folks who want to work at the best ski resort, play in Champagne Powder and meet friends from around the world. If you like to provide incredible guest service with a friendly attitude, you’re ready to join our team. If your dream job includes skiing and riding, interacting with guests, rewarding work, free concerts, fireworks, employee parties and more-we’d love to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits: Steamboat offers many exciting perks and benefits including a Steamboat ski pass for you and eligible dependents, competitive compensation, retail/rental discounts, food & beverage discounts, industry pro deal discounts, friends & family discounted tickets subject to restrictions, reservations and/or blackout dates, access to employee housing (seasonal full time only), 401(k) profit sharing plan (eligibility rules apply), Employee Assistance Program, and a chance to learn and advance within Steamboat Ski & Resort Corp.
Love guest service and have a great driving record? Come and welcome guests to the Steamboat Grand! Must have a current driver’s license. One year of guest service work experience is mandatory.
Detailed job description, including responsibilities, work performed, tools or equipment used, ect:
• Greet guests and owners arriving and departing from the hotel, open the doors, park guest’s cars, totes luggage and guest personal belongings to and from their rooms
• Provide superior service to our customers (internal and external) at all times
• Follow the Resort Etiquette Guidelines while interacting with the guest and respond to all guests in a courteous efficient manner
• Maintain cleanliness and safety of lobby and entryway, vacuum carpets, clean windows, shovel snow, remove trash, mop floors, empty trash cans, maintain fireplace, and keep bellman closet clean
• Assist front desk staff as needed, answer phones, back up switchboard during busy periods, deliver messages and packages to guests and staff
• Knowledge of the hotel’s fire system and procedures in the event of an emergency
• Compliance with all company policies and procedures as well as any regulatory requirements
• Other duties, as assigned
Minimum skills, experience, and education required for this job:
• Read, write, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure
• Operate a standard transmission (stick shift) vehicle preferred
• Must have at least one year customer service employment experience
• Operating a vehicle is an essential function of this position. Must meet SSRC minimum driving standards and have current Driver’s license; a successful motor vehicle record background check is required
• Speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
• Interact and maintain positive relationships with guests, co-workers and management consistent with SSRC’s Service Excellence standards
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Lift and carry up to 75 lbs on a frequent basis
• Communicate clearly in English both written and verbal
• This is an hourly paid position and is subject to overtime pay
• Employment for this job is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check
• Pursuant to county and/or state orders and company policies, every employee is required to self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms, practice social distancing, wash hands frequently, wear a mask per current guidelines, self-report and call in immediately and stay home if sick and assist with sanitizing and disinfecting work areas. Employees must follow all resort mitigation plans and protocols, which can be found posted on resort buildings and on Beekeeper
Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation is an equal opportunity employer
Hotel Bell Staff/Valet – Winter Seasonal – Full/Part Time – Craig, Colorado