Do you aspire to enhance the lives of others while enjoying a positive work environment?
Wesley Enhanced Living (WEL) is dedicated to making a compelling difference in the lives of our residents through providing excellence and innovation in aging services. If you are looking for an inspiring and rewarding workplace, Wesley Enhanced Living is a great place to be!
Wesley Enhanced Living is a retirement community providing Independent Living, Personal Care, and Skilled Nursing services to senior adults. We are seeking individuals whose values align with Wesley Enhanced Living’s values of Grace, Honor, and Integrity. Ideal candidates will be:
- Kind and Compassionate
- Honest and Trustworthy
- Committed to Moral and Ethical Principles
- Driven to Provide Enhanced Living to Our Residents
Wesley Enhanced Living is working to set a new paradigm in aging services by always doing the right thing and we need YOU to help us discover new ways to achieve this goal.
Discover the Art of Living and Working WEL
The Host/Hostess is responsible for creating an enjoyable dining experience for residents and their guests in accordance with current applicable federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations, with WEL established policies and procedures, and as may be directed by the management staff, to assure that quality service is provided at all times.
Host/Hostess essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for creating an enjoyable dining experience for residents and their guests.
- Follows established style and order of service while serving in the main dining room and at special functions.
- As necessary for performance of job duties, reads journals, bulletins, in-house communication and memos, policy and procedure and employee handbook.
- Assists with staff training and development.
- Ability to supervise and direct staff regarding the operations of the dining service department.
- Ability to make good decisions in handling situations that may occur in daily operations.
- Updates meal reservations/cancelations.
- Assures all residents are properly charges for meals. Enter billing information into the computer program.
- Maintain proper dining temperatures and controls lighting prior to and at the end of the meal service.
- Maintains host/hostess station in a neat and orderly manner.
- Makes dining rounds to assure that the residents/guests needs are met.
- Handles resident complaints and reports to GM.
- Assures staff is in proper uniform, including footwear, name badge.
- Assures menus are available in both dining rooms and order forms are available for the scheduled meal.
- Takes a turn serving on committees such as safety and resident review. Contributes to discussions and developing solutions to problems or concerns. Supports group decisions.
- Responds to concerns raised by residents, co-workers and visitors by helping them to reach satisfactory conclusion.
- Written communications are clear, concise and timely in providing and responding to information.
- Raises concerns and differences of opinion in an appropriate manner, place and time. Reserves judgment until all facts are gathered. Conducts self in a calm and positive manner.
- Ensures all needs are met per diet restrictions of PC residents.
- Assists with the operations of both the PC and IL dining rooms.
- Follows all HACCP policies and procedures that govern safe food handling.
- Assists with prepping of cold food and beverages. Refrigerates items when necessary.
- Take food orders. Serves soup, pours coffee, bread service etc.
- Serves the food for the scheduled meal. Busses dirty dishes to the kitchen. Helps scrape dishes.
- Completes all opening and closing assignments.
- Clean/resets dining room. Cleans kitchen.
- Sweeps. Mops floors and runs vacuum daily.
- Performs all ware washing following set codes regarding temperatures, sanitizing etc. Maintains dish machine. (De-lime/sanitize, etc.).
- Maintains proper soap levels. Sorts/clean silverware. Cleans/sanitizes all cooking pots and pans. Cleans food carts.
- Discards all trash and recyclables to proper area. Keeps trash cans/cardboard containers clean. Keeps mop sink clean and free of debris.
- Assists with the unpacking, dating and storage of all delivered food and supplies. Breaks down all cardboard boxes.
- Assists with catering functions.
- Locations Demonstrates knowledge of fire safety procedures, and assists with evacuation of residents to a safer location in the event of fire or other emergency.
- Cooperates with staff of other departments in performing job duties.
- Identify safety hazards or acute resident problems and inform manager of needed attention.
- Reports to manager at the end of the shift before clocking out.
Related Experience: 1yr experience as a Dining Server or Dining Aide
Education or Degree Requirements: High School Diploma or equivalent
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations: RAMP Certified
Equal Opportunity Employer
Host/Hostess – Doylestown, Pennsylvania