Beacon Health Options
Job Category: Operations – Claims General
Req #: EDICL02895
Schedule: Full Time
Location: NY – Latham
We Help People Live their Lives to the Fullest Potential!
For more than 30 years, Beacon has changed the way people live with behavioral health conditions. Today, we are the undisputed leader in behavioral health management, serving 40 million people across all 50 states. At Beacon, we are committed to delivering a ‘world-class’ candidate experience from the moment you click ‘Apply’! Our goal is to help you reach your fullest potential, while utilizing your talents and expertise to help us deliver on our promise.
Do you have a passion for helping others? If so, we are looking for you!
We are currently seeking a dynamic Claims EDI Coordinator I to join our team at our office in Latham, NY!The EDI Claims Help Desk Technician I provides first level of support to all electronic submitters in an inbound call center environment; track and follow up on all calls received by the e-support helpdesk. Establish and maintain positive communication with submitters through these telephonic inquiries. The Coordinator receives calls via an Automatic Call Distributions system and analyzes the problems presented. Through research using available in-house resources, technical reference material and system documentation, the Coordinator assists callers in resolving general system problems.
What does a typical day look like?
- Responds to requests for first level support/general technical assistance in via phone, and e-mail.
- Diagnoses and resolves technical hardware and software issues.
- Assists all customers with their questions about any of our supported software, applications and computing platforms, to the best of his/her ability, in a professional and courteous manner.
- Creates submitter accounts, manages and configures those accounts, and deletes accounts due to non-activity. Timely and accurate data entry of Account Request forms is required.
- Safeguards system account password information and has access to verbal, written and/or electronic protected healthcare information as defined by HIPAA and Beacon Health Options.
- Stays abreast of current news, system information, problems, changes and updates relevant to our user community.
- Researches questions using a variety of manuals and resources.
- Familiarize themselves with the research and information resources and knowledge bases at hand.
- Finds answers to all questions addressed to them personally or with assistance.
- Working with internal and external customers for inquiry resolution.
- Interfaces with Service Centers, Corporate Departments and all Beacon Health Options staff and maintain close working relationships with all to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction is met.
- Advises user on appropriate action for customer resolution.
- Applies what is learned from previous technical experiences and builds on those as he/she progresses in his/her position and as he/she is faced with new questions and situations.
- Tracks and routes problems and requests and document resolutions.
- Identifies and escalates situations requiring urgent attention.
- Applies critical thinking skills to problem situations and excels in an environment with a high level of ambiguity.
- Follows Help Desk procedures and unit processes.
- Work projects as identified by management to support business needs.
What you Contribute?
- Education: High School / GED diploma is required.Two year college degree preferred
- Relevant Work Experience:One to two years of helpdesk experience or ACD phone line specifically related to the Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), Healthcare, Claims and or E-Commerce disciplines is preferred.
- Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: Strong verbal/written communication skills and detail oriented
What Makes Us Different?
- Here, it’s not just a job – it’s an opportunity to change lives.
- Our employees are learners, innovators and original
- Our mission and values guide the way we treat our members, providers and each other.
What We Have to Offer:
- Healthcare benefits available starting day 1!
- Health & well being incentives, such as gym membership reimbursement
- 401K with company match to help reach your future financial goals
- Generous PTO, because we know life happens outside of work
- Tuition reimbursement so you can keep reaching your fullest potential
If Beacon sounds like the place for you, what are you waiting for? Apply with us today to get started!
Beacon Health Options is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled
At Beacon Health Options, our candidate’s data privacy is a top priority. Our recruiting team conducts all communications using official company email Only candidates who have applied for an open position through our Careers page (careers.beaconhealthoptions.com) will be engaged in our interview process. Beacon conducts all interviews in person or over the phone. At no time during the recruiting process will any Beacon recruiter request any financial or personally identifiable information from you.
EDI Claims Coordinator I – Latham, New York