Beacon Health Options
Job Category: Clinical – EAP
Req #: EAPCO02807
Schedule: Full Time
Location: OH – Cleveland
We Help People Live their Lives to the Fullest Potential!
For more than 30 years, Beacon has changed the way people live with behavioral health conditions. Today, we are the undisputed leader in behavioral health management, serving 40 million people across all 50 states. At Beacon, we are committed to delivering a ‘world-class’ candidate experience from the moment you click ‘Apply’! Our goal is to help you reach your fullest potential, while utilizing your talents and expertise to help us deliver on our promise.
Do you have a passion for helping others? If so, we are looking for you!
Beacon is currently seeking an EAP Counselor to join our team remotely based in the Cleveland, OH area.
The EAP Counselor serves as a key Beacon interface with the client company. The EAP Counselor provides guidance to client organizations regarding behavioral problems in the workplace, handles contacts/requests /referrals from client organization management regarding troubled employees, disruptive events, training and other events impacting the workplace. This role also provides telephonic screening, triage and referral assistance directly to members. The EAP Counselor is responsible for promotional and program visibility activities to promote the EAP. In addition, they will work closely with management to follow work performance referrals; case manages Drug Free Workplace program cases and fitness for duty and threat assessment referrals. The EAP Counselor also provides short-term, solution focused counseling to employees, while assisting with external referrals as appropriate. The EAP Counselor is physically located at the client workplace location determined by the client company, or may work in a call center environment or remote telephonically.
What does a typical day look like?
- Provides short-term, solution focused counseling to employees on a voluntary basis on-site at site locations as assigned or virtually
- Ensures continuity of patient care through contact with providers as needed.
- May be requested to answer inbound calls to assist members
- Conducts brief telephonic and in-person, clinical assessments to determine appropriate level of care, per Beacon Health Options criteria for medical necessity, and connects employees accordingly.
- Must be knowledgeable about care resources and levels of care available
- Coordinates with other Internal Partners to assure that patient comprehensive treatment needs are met
- Utilizes case consultations with Clinical Management Team and Medical Director for complicated or clinically urgent cases
- Maintains and inputs data into Care Connect for monthly, quarterly and end of the year reports to meet reporting requirements Maintains confidentiality and ethical and professional standards
- Applies Beacon Health Options policies and procedures consistently
- Maintains individual productivity and performance standards
- Interfaces with external and internal customers to ensure optimal efficiency of service
- Contributes to staff meetings and clinical conferences.
- Local travel may be required to meet site specific utilization or organizational support needs. Other travel as required.
- Other duties as assigned
What you Contribute?
Education:Minimum of a master’s degree in mental health related discipline or a minimum of an associate’s degree in nursing with related psychiatric nursing experience.
Licensure: Current, valid and unrestricted license in a State or territory of the United States in a mental health field (Ph.D., LCSW, LMFT, LMHC or LPC). CEAP, SAP and/or SAE credentials preferred.
Work Experience:Three (3) to five (5) years direct practice experience in psychiatric or substance abuse treatment. Experience in settings that include inpatient, partial, and/or outpatient care preferred. Employee Assistance Professional experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Collaboration and team-oriented work philosophy
- Analytical and problem-solving ability
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Group presentation and public speaking skills
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project)
- Experience with computer based information systems and keyboard skills sufficient to type words per minute.
- Comprehensive understanding of Beacon Health Options Policies & Procedures, Clinical Criteria and Benefit Plan requirements of the account(s) managed
What Makes Us Different?
- Here, it’s not just a job – it’s an opportunity to change lives.
- Our employees are learners, innovators and original
- Our mission and values guide the way we treat our members, providers and each other.
What We Have to Offer:
- Healthcare benefits available starting day 1!
- Health & well-being incentives, such as gym membership reimbursement
- 401K with company match to help reach your future financial goals
- Generous PTO, because we know life happens outside of work
- Tuition reimbursement so you can keep reaching your fullest potential
If Beacon sounds like the place for you, what are you waiting for? Apply with us today to get started!
Beacon Health Options is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled
At Beacon Health Options, our candidate’s data privacy is a top priority. Our recruiting team conducts all communications using official company email Only candidates who have applied for an open position through our Careers page (careers.beaconhealthoptions.com) will be engaged in our interview process. Beacon conducts all interviews in person or over the phone. At no time during the recruiting process will any Beacon recruiter request any financial or personally identifiable information from you.
EAP COUNSELOR (remote based in Cleveland area) – Cleveland, Ohio