Director, Strategic Marketing, Licensing and Commercial Supply
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $20 billion and 70,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Ion Torrent, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, such as helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals. You will be part of a successful, growing global organization that values performance, quality and innovation. With one of the largest investments in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The GSD(Genetic Sciences Division)/CSD (Clinical Sequencing Division) LCS team is based out of both Carlsbad and South San Francisco, which is at the forefront of innovation for the clinical molecular diagnostics market. The LCS (Licensing and Commercial Supply) organization, within LSG (Life Science Group) is a center led team that cuts across business units to design value chain solutions for our customers to accelerate growth and provide enhanced productivity solutions. Our aim is to develop OEM partnership style relationships with our customers that will underpin and accelerate the genomic and precision medicine revolutions. The team has global impact and is working with all major and emerging markets; from start-ups to the largest multi-national IVD companies. The simple objective is to find new customer and drive more value from existing ones.
The role of Director, Strategic Marketing, LCS, is responsible for developing global commercial OEM and Licensing strategy and marketing plans for the LCS. Daily, the role will be collaborating with segment leaders on the LCS team, marketing leaders within the divisions and regions, executive management within the GSD and CSD business units, and field-based business development executives. This individual will also be accountable to develop the supporting processes and functions to ensure marketing excellence for the LCS team. The role will assess, prioritize and develop fact-based market opportunities to solve our customers’ toughest business challenges by leveraging the strategic assets of Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- Lead the development of the global LCS marketing strategy, including market assessment, competitive analysis, value proposition development, and brand evolution.
- Develop and lead the “Go to Market” plan; Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning, Messaging (STPM), Campaign Content Development, Measure & Adapt
- Leverage in-depth knowledge of the current and future clinical and consumer genetics testing markets to provide insights for forecasting, capabilities development, production planning across the enterprise.
- Effectively partner with business units and regions to serve as the “voice of the customer” on cross-functional projects, to ensure the development of products and services with unequivocal promotable advantage and strong evidence-based value propositions.
- Drive growth through the channel and business partners.
- Ensure prioritization and tracking of projects and critical activities. Accountable for delivering key milestones on time, on budget, and aligning to the overall revenue targets
- Execute consistently on plan targets using metrics to monitor and adjust based on performance against those metrics
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required. An advanced degree in business or life sciences is a strong advantage. An MBA is strongly preferred.
- 10+ years of integrated marketing experience in the life sciences, diagnostics, or healthcare industry is required. Prior experience in a professional services or management consulting firm is strongly preferred.
- Deep knowledge of healthcare market – a strong understanding of healthcare customer segments (reference labs, IVD corporations, public health labs, and payors).
- Understands trends in both conventional and molecular methods for diagnostics. Has strong knowledge of qPCR, CE, Microarray and NGS platforms and the corresponding content (applications) to meet applied clinical market needs
- Experience in global strategy development or marketing experience in more than one region/country is preferred, experience and knowledge of marketing in China is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated track record to develop & implement strategies and sound recommendations based on both quantitative and qualitative inputs with intuitive understanding of financial drivers
- Strong execution – demonstrated success working in a global, matrixed-environment; ability to overcome organizational inertia and create desired outcomes; proven track record of effectively driving organizational transformation through large scale change initiatives
- Demonstrated track record of teamwork, collaboration, and inclusion, and the ability to develop strong business relationships across functions and geographies.
- Solid executive, verbal and written communication skills are required, along with compelling presentation skills
- Some travel required (up to 30%)
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Director of Marketing- Licensing and Commercial Supply – Boston, Massachusetts