When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The Digital Marketing Specialist will need proficiency in multiple paid media channels, including advertising strategies, related tools/technologies, analysis, and optimization associated with Demand Generation efforts, with direct expertise in at least one (Preferably SEM). This role requires a digital marketer who can evangelize and train others in our marketing organization about digital channels as well as support a team of talented professionals from strategy through execution. This position will provide dedicated support to our Genetic Testing Solutions business, to ensure that digital channels are an integrated and optimized part of the marketing mix and that the objectives of channel preference are delivered upon. This position will also be responsible for management of Direct Buy paid media placements across the business as needed. To be successful in this capacity, the candidate for this role must be comfortable working in a highly matrix environment, in a global organization, and collaborating with large teams across the company. The ideal candidate will be passionate, have a vision for the future of paid media and marketing, and focused on delivering results while continuously improving customer centricity and experience within our digital channels.
What will you do?
- Lead development, execution, management, and optimization of paid media strategies, as well as analysis, to drive demand generation across channels (SEM, Social, Display, and PMP)
- Collaborate with team members/business partners to develop, execute, and measure multiple integrated digital marketing campaigns, aligned with business goals
- Assist in the development and use of advanced data centric targeting capabilities to drive improvements in channel effectiveness
- Leverage data to advance paid media strategies, track and report campaign and channel effectiveness, uncover relevant insights, and identify channel optimization opportunities to ensure highest possible return on advertising spends
- Develop and maintain accurate reporting, for marketing programs/campaigns, across all demand generation channels
- Assist with the development of private marketplace business cases and paid media strategies
- Quickly identify causes and solutions to issues or unexpected results through analysis
- Use sound methodologies to test new strategies, tools, and capabilities that serve to advance Group performance
- Stay current and knowledgeable on new developments, trends, and technologies in the digital marketing and paid media space
- Influence and educate team members and the wider marketing organization to adopt and deploy new and emerging digital marketing, advertising, and selling tactics and technologies
How will you get there?
- BA/BS in major in Marketing, Technical field, or equivalent professional experience preferred
- 4+ years minimum hands-on experience with the following criteria:
- Execution of paid media marketing strategies across multiple digital advertising channels
- Social media publishing platforms such as Sprinklr, HootSuite, etc.
- Experience managing and optimizing social media and display advertising campaigns via native and managed platforms
- Search engine optimization and tracking
- Knowledge of relevant platforms and technology products
- Proven track record of creating, optimizing, and reinventing campaigns to constantly improve results
- Ability to operate effectively both independently and within a team
- Strong analytical and excel skills with the ability to quickly isolate data and insights
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Strong time management, organizational, planning, and prioritization skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and budgets
- Self directed and motivated, with the ability to efficiently operate independently
- Ability to build effective working relationships with colleagues inside and outside the organization
- Experience with DSP’s, Adobe Cloud/Analytics/Media Optimizer, and DMP platforms
- Google AdWords Certifications
- Science based work or educational experience
- Account or project management experience
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Digital Marketing Specialist, Genetic Testing Solutions – South San Francisco, California