Raytheon Missiles and Defense (RMD) in Tucson, AZ is seeking an Electrical Engineer with strong digital electronics design and analysis skills to join our team.
RMD is a technology and innovation leader. Military forces in more than 50 countries look to us for a high-quality product portfolio that includes missiles, smart munitions, projectiles, kinetic kill vehicles and directed energy weapons. We value a diverse company with different perspectives and styles of tackling the world’s most complex challenges and toughest threats. Raytheon Technologies offers employee benefits such as a 9/80 work schedule with every other Friday off, 401(k) – Savings & Investment Plans, Paid Time Off, and Parental Leave.
The Digital Products Department within RMD empowers our people to leverage design commonality and innovation, balancing risk and rigor, to achieve predictable and affordable solutions.
We are looking for candidates willing to collaborate, innovate, and team with our engineers to generate and utilize today’s cutting-edge technology to design digital electronics circuits that implement missile guidance, video and digital signal processing.
Our Department designs digital electronic circuit cards and electronic units, which are supported from proposal through transition to production. Our systems are subject to environments ranging from the frigid, sub-zero vacuum of space, to the blistering heat of the desert floor, to the high pressures of the ocean depths.
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for the design, analysis, simulation, test, and integration of digital electronic modules (stack of multiple CCAs) and/or CCAs for Missile applications. The candidate must be experienced in all aspects of circuit card design including hardware designs with processors, FPGAs, memory and industry interfaces, and high-speed design techniques. This position will function in multi-disciplined design teams across multiple projects and require strong communication skills for interfacing with leadership and product stakeholders.
Candidates develop solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity, working under general supervision. Candidate will work in a fast-paced, team-based, and challenging technical environment.
NOTE: This position can be either an Electrical Engineer II (G07) or Sr. Electrical Engineer I (G08) based on the candidate’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
* Active Secret DoD security clearance (U.S. Citizenship is required) or the ability to obtain and retain one
* Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering. Will consider degrees in Computer Engineering and Electrical Engineering Technology
* Minimum of 2 years engineering digital design experience
* Experience in the development and design of electronic circuit designs, multi-assembly system/unit design, or processor designs
* Experience in taking a design concept from the block diagram or requirements level to a finished hardware design including verification via test and integration
* Experience with PCB design process and tools used to design (schematic capture), analyze and simulate designs prior to hardware fabrication.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
* Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering
* Experience using Mentor Graphics Design Creation tools: DxDesigner, xDX Designer VX, and Expedition
* Experience with embedded test techniques, design for test, design margin analysis and design for production
* Experience in managing schedule and resources to meet assigned milestones
* Capable of functioning in multi-disciplined design teams across multiple projects
* A strong advocate for process improvement
* Constraint Editor System (CES)
* Experience using Mentor Graphics PCB electronic circuit design software: HyperLynx signal integrity, power integrity, and analog simulation, Xpedition Enterprise (xPCB)
* Experience with intellectual property generation (patents & publications)
* Team and project leadership skills
* Knowledge of software and/or FPGA code development
* Experience leading a program transition from development to production
* Demonstrated ability to manage technical and schedule risks and to identify cost reduction opportunities
* Knowledgeable in cost/schedule development and management
This position requires the successful issuance, transfer or maintenance of any clearances and/or accesses necessary for the position. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Digital Circuit Design Engineer – Catalina, Arizona