IT Project Management . Dallas, Texas
For over three decades , many of the worldu2019s leading firms have relied on Align as a tru sted IT solution provider and center of excellence in IT advisory, infrastructure design , build , delivery and managed services . We are actively seeking innovative minds to establish and strengthen our team to deliver high-quality state-of-the-art technology solutions for our enterprise and boutique clients.
If you are seek ing to lead challenging projects for some of todayu2019s most fascinating companies while leveraging an exceptional team and long track record of success , then we want to hear from you today .
Align seeks an experience Data Center Migrationu00A0 Project Manageru00A0u00A0with proven expertise managing physical data center migration and consolidation projects. Most current and upcoming projects in Texas will focus on physical server migrations (Lift and Shift)u00A0 but future projects may include infrastructure transformation including more application, workload, and cloud migrations. Qualified individuals must have recent enterprise-level physical data center relocation experience with exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills. Any experience workingu00A0u00A0 u201Ccurrent stateu201D to u201Cfuture stateu201D infrastructure transformation projects including application , workload, cloudu00A0 migration s u00A0would be beneficial . u00A0The current focus is being a hands on project manager for physical data center migrations. Qualified individuals will be working in fast-paced enterprise-level environments requiring exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills. This is a highly visible role that will have constan t interaction with key clients.u00A0 This role will m anage complex projects u00A0to plan, schedule and execute projects for various-sized enterprise clients (infrastructure, storage, network, server and IT appliances, etc.) . Most current projects are in the DFW area, but some travel may occasionally be required.u00A0
- This role is based out of our Dallas, Texas office .u00A0 S ome travel may be required, which we estimate could be up to 25%.
- This is a u00A0 full-time position offering full benefits, a competitive salary, paid training and performance-based bonuses .
- Manage u00A0 theu00A0 project teamsu00A0 including; Align, the client and the vendorsu00A0 throughout theu00A0 data center relocationu00A0 or physical server migration project
- Be a hands-on owner of a project that is willing to be hands on to ensure moves go smoothly
- Assist with troubleshooting as needed and be willing to “roll up your sleeves”
- Manageu00A0 all u00A0migration plans and wave event planning (i.e., run books, execution plans)
- Oversee and participate in data center inventory
- Gather documentation, review dependencies, and b uild and developu00A0 a delivery u00A0plan foru00A0 all the work streams
- Advise clients on potential risk, and manage client expectations
- Manage multiple Wave Leads on larger migrations or act as a Wave Lead onu00A0 smaller migrations
- Manage the process with an deep understanding of risk mitigation and chain of custody for physical servers
- Execute change controls, quality, risk management and communications throughout the project
- Overall project monitoring, budget and corrective action managementu00A0
- Author all project status reports and dashboards, meeting agendas and minutes, and executive reports and presentations as needed
- Learn about and help participate in technology infrastructure transformation projects , ” current state to future state u201D, with a focus onu00A0 data center infrastructure transformation
- Assist with creation of Statements of Work and support the sales process as needed
- Continually improve the process and framework and update our migration solution
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience with a focus on Physical Data Center Migrationu00A0 / Data Center Lift and Shift Project Management
- Must be a hands on leader that is willing to “roll up their sleeves” to ensure server moves go smoothly
- Must have prior experience managing one or more complex, enterprise-level physical data center migration or consolidation projects (Server Lift and Shift Move)
- Solid project management skills with the ability to createu00A0 and manage budgets, project schedules and dependencies (Microsoft Project)
- Able to apply an understanding of data center functions, technologies and interdependencies to create effective migrations plans, move schedules and minimize risksu00A0
- A u00A0holistic understanding ofu00A0 IT infrastructure inclusive of s erver, storage, netwo rk, database, systems , DR/business recovery u00A0and continuity practices, etc.
- Understanding ofu00A0 Asset Management, Data Center Inventory, Application Discovery and/or Dependency Mapping (experience with tools/process)
- Understand application and workload move dispositions (P2V, V2V, P2P, Lift and Shift) and the methodologies around each
- F amiliar with application and workload dependencies , architecture and service level requirements
- Excellent communication, organization and writing skills are required
- MS Project, PowerPoint, Visio and Office tools to manage plans, charts, reports and documentation, etc.
- Anyu00A0 IT transformation u00A0project experience ( assessments, migrations, consolidations, virtualization projects, etc. ) would be a plus
- A foundational understanding of public cloudu00A0 models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and providers (AWS, Azure, Google) is a plus
- PMP certification is a plus
- Must be able to travel as needed
- Bacheloru2019s degree preferred
In summary, w e seek a smart, energetic professional who is a self-starter and has a proven track record of finding an d delivering IT programs o f work, while managing teams in a fast-paced, challenging environment!
Align is a dynamic and flexible place to work, offering professionals unparalleled opportunities to train in the leading technologies, make an impact within the industry and control their own destinies. We have a flawless track record of delivering technical solution s and have established long-standing relationships with an impressive client list of both Global 1000 and SMB clients.
We work across a diverse list of industries including financial services, life sciences (pharmaceutical and health care), retail, technology, media and telecommunications. We give our professionals the autonomy to pursue opportunities and manage assignments in ways that maximize their creativity and talents, leading to self-fulfillment and financial rewards.
For more details, visit .
Data Center Physical Migration, Project Manager – Dallas, Texas