SimVentions, consistently voted one Virginia’s Best Places to Work, is looking for a Cybersecurity Engineer to join our team to provide cybersecurity engineering support to various Navy and Marine Corps systems.
* Develop Risk Management Framework RMF and A&A artifacts
* Develop documentation of a system from an RMF perspective
* Perform research and document logical and physical solutions that prevent, detect and correct the system to be certified and accredited
* Research and apply DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
* Identify security requirements to bring a system into compliance
* Plan, develop, execute and document results of security test procedures
* Analyze and test Navy warfare systems against known vulnerabilities
* Perform as Information Assurance Officer for a system
* Develop and execute an Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) Plan
* Perform risk assessments
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in engineering and securing DoD systems
* In-depth understanding of computer security, military system specifications, and DoD Information Assurance policies
* Strong ability to communicate clearly and succinctly in written and oral presentations
* In-depth understanding and experience in Risk Management Framework (RMF), DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP), Platform IT (PIT), and the implementation of Cyber Security and IA boundary defense techniques and various IA-enabled appliances (firewalls, IDS, IPS, switches/routers, Cross Domain Solutions (CDS) and Host Based Security Systems (HBSS)
* Certified as IAM Level II or IAT Level II
* BS in Computer Science / Information Systems related field (preferred)
Clearance Level: Active Secret
Location: TELEWORK AVAILABLE
Why Work for SimVentions?
SimVentions is about more than just being a fun place to work. We are a family of like-minded individuals who care for, support and encourage each other. We are here to imagine, create, explore, discover, and do great things together.
Support Our Warfighters
SimVentions is a proud supporter of the U.S. military, and we take pride in our ability to provide relevant, game-changing solutions to our armed men and women around the world.
Drive Customer Success
We deliver solutions that go beyond the expected. This means you can expect to work with a team that will do whatever it takes to ensure our customers are successful and happy with our results.
Get Involved in Giving Back
We believe that one of the best ways to be a well-rounded company is to have well-rounded employees, and one of the ways we encourage that is by providing a wide range of service opportunities for our team members throughout the year.
Build Innovative Technology
SimVentions takes pride in it’s innovative and cutting edge technology, so you can be sure that whatever project you work on, you will be having a direct impact on our customer’s success.
Work with Brilliant People
At SimVentions, we don’t just hire the smartest people. We hire experienced, creative individuals who are passionate about what they do, and who embody the culture that we have created here.
Create Meaningful Solutions
We always have a wide variety of challenging, meaningful problems to solve at SimVentions, which span the whole range of our six core disciplines.
Employees who join SimVentions will enjoy benefits like:
* The impact benefit – work on projects that directly impact the safety of our country
* The purpose benefit – be part of something bigger where our profits help the needy
* The co-worker benefit – work with the best and brightest people in the business
* The dress code benefit – business casual. We like to be comfortable while we work
* The healthcare benefits – one of the best packages in the industry
* The bacon benefit – if the CEO eats the last piece of bacon you get to blast him with Nerf darts
* The breakfast benefit – the “C’s” fix you breakfast once a year
* The food benefits – we have a lot of food around here
* On-site Chaplain and prayer room
* Lots of employee-appreciation events throughout the year
* Excellent working facilities and tools to get your job done
* Regular communication (“All-Hands”, “SimV Share”, “Imagineering Day”) to stay connected to SimV culture, stay abreast of what is happening in the company, and meet new faces while eating good food
* SimVentions sports teams and workout groups
* Employee led interest groups for personal and professional development
* What you bring to the table…
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Cybersecurity Analyst Glassdoor Rating of 4.5 – Dahlgren, Virginia