We’re a Little Different
Our cafeteria is the heart of the hospital!
Our food service team makes our Mercy South heart beat. They are crucial to providing healthy meals for our patients and a warm place to gather for our visitors. There are a variety of opportunities within the food services department. Some coworkers create and serve delicious meals, others may deliver food to patient rooms while others may serve as a cashier. We have positions in our cafeteria, cafes and coffee shops. We offer the opportunity to cross-train to gain experience and expand your knowledge.
Our staff performs critical checks for food safety and ensure all procedures are followed correctly. Performs all other duties as assigned.
We don’t believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
- Candidates must be able to read and understand basic instructions.
- While we would prefer someone with a high school diploma or GED equivalent, we would be delighted to provide on the job training to help you succeed here at Mercy
- Food Service coworkers are expected to interact with our patients, visitors, and coworkers in a warm and friendly manner
- Previous experience in healthcare or hospitality field is helpful
What Mercy Offers:
- Quarterly Performance Incentive available offered for those individuals who meet or exceed performance and attendance standards.
- Mercy Offers Competitive Benefits
- Shift Differential Incentive Pay
- Tuition assistance for furthering your education
- A place to grow and develop your career
These positions are located at Mercy Hospital South
(Previously known at St. Anthony’s Medical Center)
10010 Kennerly Road, St. Louis, MO 63128
We’ll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds to benefit-eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that’s just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.
Mercy has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
Cook – Saint Louis, Missouri