Beacon Health Options
Job Category: Clinical – General
Req #: CLINI02849
Schedule: Full Time
Location: CA – Cypress
About the Position:
Beacon Health Options is seeking a Clinical Support Team Lead to join our team at our office in Cypress, CA. The Clinical Support Team Lead will be responsible for supervising all inpatient administrative staff and has direct oversight of all department administrative functions.
Schedule: Monday – Thursday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm and Friday 9:00 am – 5:30pm
- Oversees day-to-day duties of office assistant staff.
- Monitors individual staff and aggregate department performance to ensure all customer, accreditation and regulatory standards are met.
- Interfaces with clients, facilities, providers and their office staff to problem solve, answer questions and provide benefit information.
- Participates in interviewing, hiring and training of new employees.
- Participates in 1:1 meetings with staff and provides feedback regarding staff performance to Manager.
- Remains aware of payer contract requirements and company policies and procedures and updates Office Assistant staff.
- In coordination with department manager, conducts monthly staff meetings.
- Provides ongoing training and training materials for Office Assistant staff.
- Completes quarterly audits for all Office Assistant staff.
- Delegates and oversees additional responsibilities of Office Assistant staff.
- Responsible for staff daily work schedules, including lunches and breaks.
- Actively monitors information systems and phone queue to ensure timeliness and phone access standards are met.
- Responsible for evaluating, developing and implementing workflows for various job descriptions within the department.
- Attends and participates in meetings as assigned by Manager or Director.
- Monitors staff’s compliance with mandatory trainings.
- Assignment of cases to be entered into informational systems
- Monitors completion of payer admit and discharge templates and authorization letters.
- Researches eligibility and benefit issues and refers to department manager or director as needed.
- Serve as expert in all areas of Clinical Support functions of the department
- Adheres to all Beacon policies and procedures and standards of operations.
- Completes all required and assigned trainings.
- Attends all mandatory company or department meetings.
- Reports to each scheduled shift and commences work and performs essential job functions at the start of each scheduled shift.
- Ability to influence morale, including maintaining a “can do” attitude
- Displays a positive, constructive, and helpful demeanor that is conducive to a safe and respectful work environment.
- Acts as a mentor to junior team members by leading by example and guiding with a sense of integrity and team work.
- Assists management with identifying opportunities for staff improvement, high performing team members, and training needs of team members.
- Assists team members and offers suggestions to improve processes, culture, or work environment.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned and required.
- Education: Associates Degree required or advanced experience in lieu of degree
- Relevant Work Experience: 2 years’ experience as a supervisor in healthcare related field or 3 years of lead customer service experience with staff oversight and management responsibilities
Beacon Health Options is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled
At Beacon Health Options, our candidate’s data privacy is a top priority. Our recruiting team conducts all communications using official company email Only candidates who have applied for an open position through our Careers page (careers.beaconhealthoptions.com) will be engaged in our interview process. Beacon conducts all interviews in person or over the phone. At no time during the recruiting process will any Beacon recruiter request any financial or personally identifiable information from you.
Clinical Support Team Lead – Cypress, California