Beacon Health Options
Job Category: Clinical – General
Req #: CLINI02955
Schedule: Full Time
Location: NY – Latham
Beacon Health Options is currently seeking a ClinicalSupervisor to join our team based remotely!
Under the direction of the CNS Director of Clinical Services, this position will provide supervision and support to the centralized night service call center staff and operations. In collaboration with Clinical Manager, ensures consistent delivery of high quality clinical assessments and referrals in accordance with clinical policies and procedures, effective call volume management, efficient use of staff, adherence to contractual guidelines, and positive customer relations in a 24×7 environment
- Responsible for the effective supervision and support of the Central Night Service call center staff and operations on assigned shift. Collaborates with Clinical Manger to ensure consistent delivery of high quality clinical assessment and referrals in accordance with clinical policies and procedures, effective call volume management, efficient use of staff, adherence to contractual guidelines, and positive customer relations in a 24×7 environment.
- Ensures operationally optimal staffing, scheduling, and effective team management within budgetary allowances. Adequately plans and responds to changes in staffing situations due to business recovery, staff turnover and absences, new client or system implementations, or other business needs that arise.
- Facilitates and conducts training for new and existing staff. Interviews staff and participates with CNS leadership in making hiring decisions. Completes 90-day and annual appraisals on staff, reviews with CNS leadership, and delivers appraisal.
- Oversees the review for medical appropriateness psychiatric/substance abuse cases utilizing professional knowledge to apply Beacon Health Options National Medical Necessity Criteria and render certification decisions that are within the scope of practice that is relevant to the clinical areas under review.
- Monitors employee performance of Central Night Service call center staff. Provides guidance, support, coaching and mentoring to central night service call center staff to ensure that professional, department, and organizational goals are achieved. Keeps Clinical Manager apprised of any performance issues that would negatively impact the team and the level of service provided within the centralized night service team. Makes recommendations and participates in decisions on promotional and disciplinary matters for staff.
- Ensures workflows with service centers utilizing CNS are in place and maintained in collaboration with service center contacts in accordance with changes in the business. Ensures staff are notified and trained on new workflows, retrained in areas that need development, and consistently following processes.
- Partners with Clinical Manager through exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, planning, process management and information analysis. Assists in building a customer focused environment that serves Public Sector and Commercial, Health Plan, EAP, integrated, and MHS accounts.
What you Contribute?
Education: Masters’ degree in mental health related discipline or RN (BSN Preferred) with psych experience is required.
Licensure: Current, valid and unrestricted license in a State or territory of the United States in a mental health field (RN, Ph.D., LCSW/ACSW/LMSW, LLP, MHC, LPC, etc.). May be required to obtain additional state licensures dependent on client contractual requirements.
Relevant Work Experience:At least three (3) years of behavioral health experience, including managed care experience, in an ACD environment and/or a 24X7 call center.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Previous supervisory and/or lead experience is preferred.
- Experience with EAP organizational services and management experience in an organization serving publicly funded clients preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to intervene effectively in complex clinical situations.
- Working knowledge of care management principles and practices, cost containment principles.
- Excellent PC skills, and analytical and problem solving skills needed.
What Makes Us Different?
- Here, it’s not just a job – it’s an opportunity to change lives.
- Our employees are learners, innovators and original
- Our mission and values guide the way we treat our members, providers and each other.
What We Have to Offer:
- Healthcare benefits available starting day 1!
- Health & well-being incentives, such as gym membership reimbursement
- 401K with company match to help reach your future financial goals
- Generous PTO, because we know life happens outside of work
- Tuition reimbursement so you can keep reaching your fullest potential
If Beacon sounds like the place for you, what are you waiting for? Apply with us today to get started!
Beacon Health Options is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled
At Beacon Health Options, our candidate’s data privacy is a top priority. Our recruiting team conducts all communications using official company email Only candidates who have applied for an open position through our Careers page (careers.beaconhealthoptions.com) will be engaged in our interview process. Beacon conducts all interviews in person or over the phone. At no time during the recruiting process will any Beacon recruiter request any financial or personally identifiable information from you.
Clinical Supervisor – Latham, New York