Beacon Health Options
Job Category: Clinical – Care Mgmt
Req #: CLINI02961
Schedule: Full Time
Location: CA – San Francisco
We Help People Live their Lives to the Fullest Potential!
For more than 30 years, Beacon has changed the way people live with behavioral health conditions. Today, we are the undisputed leader in behavioral health management, serving 40 million people across all 50 states. At Beacon, we are committed to delivering a ‘world-class’ candidate experience from the moment you click ‘Apply’! Our goal is to help you reach your fullest potential, while utilizing your talents and expertise to help us deliver on our promise.
Do you have a passion for helping others? If so, we are looking for you!
Beacon is currently seeking a Clinical Service Coordinator a highly organized and compassionate professional to join our team in San Francisco, CA. The Service Coordinator for the Outpatient Clinical Support team is the front line interface to Members and Providers who seek information about behavioral health benefits. Service Coordinators assist callers by providing benefit and eligibility information and referrals to network providers. The Service Coordinator transfers clinical calls to clinicians, as defined in the department policies and procedures. In addition, the Service Coordinator will be responsible for completing specified assignments that assist the department in meeting contractual and or performance goals.
What does a typical day look like?
What you Contribute?
Education: Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred. High school diploma or GED required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience establishing relationships and effectively engaging through telephonic communication to obtain necessary information, facilitate care, and provide behavioral health and community referrals for the purpose of care management and coordination.
- Multi-lingual capabilities preferred, but not required
- General knowledge or experience of clinical documentation, preferably electronic health records/medical records systems
- Two years of experience working with the behavioral health system and/or social services sectors.
- Experience providing patient navigation or community health worker services is a plus.
- Must have excellent customer service phone skills.
- Accurate and fast computer skills.
- Experience in customer service, preferably within a mental health related field.
What Makes Us Different?
- Here, it’s not just a job – it’s an opportunity to change lives.
- Our employees are learners, innovators and original
- Our mission and values guide the way we treat our members, providers and each other.
What We Have to Offer:
- Healthcare benefits available starting day 1!
- Health & wellbeing incentives, such as gym membership reimbursement
- 401K with company match to help reach your future financial goals
- Generous PTO, because we know life happens outside of work
- Tuition reimbursement so you can keep reaching your fullest potential
If Beacon sounds like the place for you, what are you waiting for? Apply with us today to get started!
Beacon Health Options is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled
At Beacon Health Options, our candidate’s data privacy is a top priority. Our recruiting team conducts all communications using official company email Only candidates who have applied for an open position through our Careers page (careers.beaconhealthoptions.com) will be engaged in our interview process. Beacon conducts all interviews in person or over the phone. At no time during the recruiting process will any Beacon recruiter request any financial or personally identifiable information from you.
CLINICAL CARE SERVICE COORDINATOR – San Francisco, California