Beacon Health Options
Job Category: Clinical – Care Mgmt
Req #: CLINI02745
Schedule: Full Time
Location: AR – Lake Village
We Help People Live their Lives to the Fullest Potential!
For more than 30 years, Beacon has changed the way people live with behavioral health conditions. Today, we are the undisputed leader in behavioral health management, serving 40 million people across all 50 states. At Beacon, we are committed to delivering a ‘world-class’ candidate experience from the moment you click ‘Apply’! Our goal is to help you reach your fullest potential, while utilizing your talents and expertise to help us deliver on our promise.
Do you have a passion for helping others? If so, we are looking for you!
Beacon is currently seeking a Clinical Care Coordinator to join our team in Arkansas. This position will provide care coordination to Empower members who are identified and referred to Empower due to serious and persistent mental illness, substance abuse or intellectual and developmental disabilities. Care coordination is provided primarily in person in the community, as well as on the phone.
What does a typical day look like?
- Works with the Empower team to ensure completion of all requirements of the program as outlined by Arkansas Medicaid, including meeting face-to-face with members monthly.
- Acts as the primary point of contact for members, their guardian, and member’s providers.
- Engages members in care coordination activities by using a person-centered approach.
- Communicates with members about their ongoing or newly identified needs at a regular frequency, as defined by policy (at minimum monthly), to include a face-to-face meeting.
- Develops and maintains the Plan of Care and makes information related to the Plan accessible to providers and Members as needed and upon request. Care Coordinator is responsible for informing the PCP of all Plan of Care goals and tasks.
- Reviews discharge plan and follows up with the member within 7 days of discharge from ER, Urgent Care Clinic or Acute Inpatient Hospitalization.
- The Care Coordinator is responsible for obtaining copies of all treatment and service plans, and coordinating services between those plans with a goal of preventing duplication of services, ensure timely access to needed services, and identification of any service gaps for the members.
- Documents all activity in the designated system according to required polices and workflows.
- Monitors the provision of services, including outcomes, assesses appropriate changes or additions to services, and facilitates referrals for the member.
- Soliciting and complying with the member’s wishes (e.g., advance directive about wishes for future treatment and health care decisions, prioritization of needs and implementation of strategies, etc.).
- Ensure that referrals result in timely appointments.
- Coordination with other healthcare providers for diagnostics, ambulatory care, and hospital services.
- Assist with social determinants of health, such as access to healthy food and exercise.
- Coordinate Community-based management of medication therapy.
- Assist with developing a member’s self-management skills, health education and coaching, based on their health condition.
- May require some out-side business hours and an on-call rotation.
What you Contribute?
- GED or High School Diploma with a minimum of one (1) year experience working directly with individuals with developmental or intellectual disability and/or complex mental health conditions.
- An associate’s or bachelor’s degree in a health or human services field or Registered Nurse (RN), is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent written, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to document within care management system; knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and document productivity
- Ability to work as a team
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Ability to independently manage time and responsibilities
- Ability to work remotely, including access to reliable internet
What Makes Us Different?
- Here, it’s not just a job – it’s an opportunity to change lives.
- Our employees are learners, innovators and original
- Our mission and values guide the way we treat our members, providers and each other.
What We Have to Offer:
- Healthcare benefits available starting day 1!
- Health & wellbeing incentives, such as gym membership reimbursement
- 401K with company match to help reach your future financial goals
- Generous PTO, because we know life happens outside of work
- Tuition reimbursement so you can keep reaching your fullest potential
If Beacon sounds like the place for you, what are you waiting for? Apply with us today to get started!
Beacon Health Options is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled
At Beacon Health Options, our candidate’s data privacy is a top priority. Our recruiting team conducts all communications using official company email Only candidates who have applied for an open position through our Careers page (careers.beaconhealthoptions.com) will be engaged in our interview process. Beacon conducts all interviews in person or over the phone. At no time during the recruiting process will any Beacon recruiter request any financial or personally identifiable information from you.
Clinical Care Coordinator I – Lake Village, Arkansas