We Are Hiring
Position : Certified Respiratory Therapist
**May be filled as RRT
Department : Respiratory Therapy
Shift Detail : PRN, Rotating
Location : St. Vincent’s Chilton County – Clanton, AL
In Alabama, St. Vincent’s Health System operates five hospitals (St. Vincent’s Birmingham, St. Vincent’s Blount, St. Vincent’s Chilton, St. Vincent’s East, and St. Vincent’s St. Clair) in addition to several other healthcare facilities. St. Vincent’s Health System employs more than 4,800 associates and has been serving Birmingham for more than 118 years.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
- Assesses patient for appropriate type and frequency of treatment and develops a plan of care based on diagnosis.
- Implements and monitors patient care plan and equipment. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition. Performs advanced respiratory care modalities.
- Evaluates respiratory practice, administration of medications, and treatment based on patient outcomes.
- Educates the patient and family about the health condition and provides information about community support groups and other available programs.
- Assists with care, calibration and maintenance of all equipment. Participates in maintaining departmental inventory levels for supplies and equipment. Processes equipment per established cleaning/sterilization procedures.
- Responds to emergency resuscitation team calls.
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Respiratory Therapist credentialed from the Alabama Board of Respiratory Therapy obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Respiratory Therapist credentialed from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certification specializing in Neonatal Resuscitation.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate’s degree, or Technical degree required
- None required.
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent’s and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent’s and all its ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent’s participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)
Certified Respiratory Therapist – Clanton, Alabama