We Are Hiring
Via Christi Village, part of Ascension Living is looking for a caring and compassionate Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) to join our team! This gorgeous 93 bed continuing care retirement community is centrally located in Manhattan, KS and offers independent living, assisted living, long-term skilled nursing, rehabilitation and therapy.
PT Days, 20 hrs/week- 6a-2p, every other weekend required SNF Nursing Unit A
Why join Via Christi Village?
- Be part of a great team and culture
- Opportunities for advancement; we love to see our people grow!
- Generous PTO, excellent (and affordable) medical, dental, vision and retirement (with a match)
- Flexible scheduling and student friendly
- Tuition reimbursement, discount programs and more!
Why Join Ascension?
Senior Living and Long-Term Care Communities
As a subsidiary of Ascension, Ascension Living is committed to providing services, amenities, opportunities and support, so seniors can enjoy living healthier and happier, at every age and at every stage.
We’re the second-largest nonprofit system in the U.S. Our living choices include independent living, assisted living, memory care, short-term rehabilitative care and long-term skilled nursing care.
More than 10,000 adults live in our 54 senior living communities, which are located in 12 states, and Washington, D.C. Also, more than 5,500 associates are employed by Ascension – professional, compassionate individuals who believe in empowering people to age successfully.
What You Will Do
As a Certified Nursing Assistant, you will provide patient/resident care as required under the direct supervision of the licensed nurse. Completing assigned tasks to ensure timely, efficient, and safe paitent/resident care, while communicating and interacting with patients, residents, families, and other health team members is an essential component of this position.
- Perform initial and ongoing data collection on all patients/residents under the direct supervision of the RN or LPN
- Implement plan of care developed by the RN based on patient/resident physical, psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs
- Provide direct patient/resident care and resports condition and changes to RN or LPN
- Assure resident safety by identifying safety hazards and emergency situations and initiates corrective action as appropriate
- Document results of patient/resident care within established policies, procedures, and scope of practice
- Complies with all ministry policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Nurse Aide certification in the state of Kansas obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- BLS Provider.
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Previous hospital or long-term care experience preferred
At Ascension Living, we are always learning things from our senior living communities, hospitals, and caregivers all over the country. This means we have the ability to customize what works best in a lot of different places to ensure you feel safe and well. Safety is our top priority. That is why we provided ongoing associate education, hands-on training and access to the latest in COVID testing and mitigation efforts.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)
Certified Nursing Assistant – Manhattan, Kansas