Provide 1:1 ABA therapy to children under the clinical direction of a BCBA. The ABA Therapist will be responsible for skill-acquisition and behavior-reduction plans developed by the BCBA to deliver quality therapeutic services to each child.
- Complete daily acquisition skills, maintenance, and mastered skills as directed by BCBA
- Collect accurate data on a daily basis
- Complete all data sheets, programming sheets, and progress notes daily
- Follow behavior plan, individualized treatment plan, and reinforcement schedule as prescribed
- Implement appropriate teaching strategies and behavior modification approaches
- Complete all programing requests from BCBAs and Program Coordinators in a timely manner
- Maintain organization of patient binder and ensure proper storage of binder at the end of each day.
- Maintain cleanliness of center and ensure it looks presentable at all times
- Adhere to policies and procedures of Hopebridge
- Assist in providing a safe environment for all patients and staff
- Assist with problem solving to improve efficiency and morale within the clinic
- Portray a positive attitude and maintain a customer and co-worker satisfaction level that limits adverse situations or complaints
- Promote Hopebridge philosophies, generating team spirit and creating and maintaining and environment that fosters staff satisfaction, maximizes productivity and profitability
- Attend weekly meetings and training as requested
- Pass the RBT competency and written exam after RBT training is complete
- Attention to Detail – the ability to see and pay attention to details; the ability to recognize the component parts of a procedure or object, and to verify the correctness or error in an individual part or procedure
- Attitude Toward Others – maintaining a positive, open, and objective attitude toward others
- Commitment to the Job – motivation from within oneself to stay focused and committed to a task
- Emotional Control – the ability to maintain a rational and objective demeanor when faced with stressful or emotional situations; a measure of self-composure in a difficult situation and the ability to act objectively, rather than impulsively or emotionally
- Enjoyment of the Job – the feeling that one’s job is both fulfilling and rewarding and that it has a positive and useful benefit.
- Flexibility – the ability to readily modify, respond to, and integrate change with minimal personal resistance
- Handling Stress – the ability to balance and defuse inner tensions and stresses; the ability to appropriately separate yourself from stressful situations and maintain your own sense of inner peace
The above statements reflect general functions of this job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements inherent in this job. The immediate supervisor may elaborate on or add to the above list if the duties come within the employee’s realm of responsibility.
Hopebridge is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Possess a minimum of a high school diploma
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a CPR certification
- Successful completion and maintenance of Safety Care Training
- Bachelor’s degree in related field is highly preferred (ABA, Behavioral Health, Education, Occupational Therapy, Psychology, Speech Language Pathology, etc.)
- Must possess excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Prior positive interactions and experience with the pediatric population
- Must have full physical dexterity/agility or be able to independently position self and perform all movements required (bending, kneeling, computer typing, standing, fetching documents from file cabinets).
- Must have sufficient corrected or uncorrected vision to carry out all duties and responsibilities.
- Need to be able to lift and carry pediatric population (weight ranging from 5 to 50 lbs.)
- Reasonable accommodations can be provided to assist or enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position, upon request.
- Multidisciplinary clinic that uses collaborative approach
- Inside office workplace where patients meet with therapists
- Comfortable environment for children and parents
Behavior Technician – Camp Creek – Atlanta, Georgia