Bailiff – Part Time
Ensure that all people who enter the Courts facility are in a safe environment.
Provide security to all court personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of those specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
* Provide security to all in the Courts facility
* Clear / scan Courts facility for threats before shift.
* Make sure all equipment is functioning properly.
* Monitor cameras for courts / Courthouse, both inside and outside, for security purposes.
* Check all people entering Courts facility for weapons/contraband
* Recognize security threats.
* Maintain order in the Court rooms, ensure decorum, security for judges.
* Arrest people with warrants, contempt of Court, and other offenses. Issue citations as necessary and write reports.
* Assist with jury trials, making sure jurors are kept separate from others.
* Gather needed supplies for juries.
* Knowledge of safety procedures for fire, weather, bomb threats.
* Assist with transporting – first call on assigned weekends.
* Deal professionally with all public.
* Provide escorts to vehicles if parties feel threatened.
AAS degree in Law Enforcement.
Must possess a valid Class D Minnesota Driver’s License at all times.
Must be a Licensed Minnesota Peace Officer as issued by the Minnesota Police Officer Standards and Training Board.
The Bailiff III, who is armed, must be able to qualify with firearms in accordance with the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office firearms policy. First Aid/CPR certified
This position is part time hourly position and may work a variety of hours a day or year.
Click on ‘Apply” to visit our website & to apply
This job closes at 4 pm on 9/17/20
Douglas County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Bailiff – Alexandria, Minnesota