Who We Are: Steamboat- Ski Town, U.S.A. ® is known as the friendliest mountain destination in the world, thanks to our western heritage and welcoming staff. We pride ourselves on hiring the best employees and providing the best experience in the industry. Our employee satisfaction scores top the charts and we have employees who choose to work for the resort for 2, 5, 10, 20 plus years. Fair warning, starting a job at Steamboat could lead to endless fun, lifelong friendships and a rooted sense of community.
Who We’re Looking For: Friendly folks who want to work at the best ski resort, play in Champagne Powder and meet friends from around the world. If you like to provide incredible guest service with a friendly attitude, you’re ready to join our team. If your dream job includes skiing and riding, interacting with guests, rewarding work, free concerts, fireworks, employee parties and more-we’d love to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits: Steamboat offers many exciting perks and benefits including a Steamboat ski pass for you and eligible dependents, competitive compensation, retail/rental discounts, food & beverage discounts, industry pro deal discounts, friends & family discounted tickets subject to restrictions, reservations and/or blackout dates, access to employee housing (seasonal full time only), 401(k) profit sharing plan (eligibility rules apply), Employee Assistance Program, and a chance to learn and advance within Steamboat Ski & Resort Corp.
Base Area Services is looking for someone with heavy equipment experience to be an Assistant Snow Removal Supervisor. Must have valid driver’s license.
Detailed job description, including responsibilities, work performed, tools or equipment used, etc.:
* BAS department with heavy equipment experience.
• SSRC supervisory skills training and management a plus
• Provide snow removal and ice build-up prevention around base area
• Assist with litter control
• Driving company vehicles, when necessary
• Compliance with all company policies and procedures as well as any regulatory requirements
• Other duties, as assigned
• Must be a minimum 18 years of age
• Lift 50 lbs. frequently with snow removal
* Bend and lift heavy snow on days requiring snow removal (shoveling)
* Work outdoors in extreme weather conditions
* Remain standing for extended periods of time in one outdoor station
• Must have a valid driver’s license and meet insurability standards
Minimum skills, experience, and education required for this job:
• Operate heavy equipment, snow blowers, small all terrain vehicles, bobcat, forklift, and hand tools
• Proficent computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
• Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
• Provide support for recycling, janitorial, special events, security, miscellaneous and base area needs
• Perform hiring, evaluations, scheduling for 24 employees, act as supervisor in absence of supervisor
• Responsible for ensuring the contracted work is completed in a timely, professional manner
• Responsible for coordinating the ordering, distribution and control of snow removal supplies
• Must work in adverse weather conditions
• Communicate both verbally and non-verbally in a positive, guest friendly manner
• Report to work timely, dressed, and prepared for your daily assignment
• Adhere to all safety policies
• Interact and maintain positive relationships with guests, co-workers and management consistent with Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation’s Service Excellence standards
• This is a hourly non-exempt position and is subject to overtime pay
• Employee is provided with uniform
• Pursuant to county and/or state orders and company policies, every employee is required to self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms, practice social distancing, wash hands frequently, wear a mask per current guidelines, self-report and call in immediately and stay home if sick and assist with sanitizing and disinfecting work areas. Employees must follow all resort mitigation plans and protocols, which can be found posted on resort buildings and on Beekeeper
Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Assistant Snow Removal Supervisor – Winter Seasonal – Full Time – Phippsburg, Colorado