At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues and customers.
The Test Equipment and Environments Center (TE&EC) is within the Systems Integration & Test directorate at Raytheon Missile Defense (RMD). The Test Equipment and Environments Center (TE&EC) includes all of the engineering disciplines responsible for systems design & test on all Raytheon Missile Defense (RMD) products. Our engineers are responsible for all elements of the development lifecycle for test including: test requirements, test system design, flight simulations, hardware-in-the-loop, computer-in-the-loop, advanced engineering prototyping technology, flight operations for manned and unmanned vehicles, environmental testing, environmental characterization and engineering laboratory management. We are hands-on, designing with the latest technology and tools, and integrate state of the art test solutions with the most advanced engineering systems in the world.
As a Senior Engineer, you will coordinate across all engineering teams to define, design, and document Test Environments (TEn) capabilities and Requirements. You must be a systems thinker, able to see the “big picture”, and have in depth knowledge of development, production, User Operations, and embedded test processes and practices. You must know how prime hardware should be tested at every level (from component to All-Up-Round) to ensure robustness and efficiency.
You must demonstrate applied experience and working knowledge of developmental test processes, test set-ups and integration, test equipment design with transition to the factory, and verification / validation of product hardware using proven test systems, methodologies and techniques. Detailed capabilities and requirements established by the candidate are flowed to Test Engineer (TE) designers. Requirements management and traceability is crucial to leverage and apply future reuse of Test Environments (TEn) requirements and models.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
* Identify and understand technology risks and system design concepts to make critical technical decisions by understanding impacts to program.
* Utilize knowledge of models, simulations, test beds, prototypes, hardware integration, hardware manufacturing, warfighter (User) methodologies, embedded test protocols, and full-scale Engineering Development Models (EDM’s) to ensure comprehensive lifecycle testing that is both robust and affordable.
* Broad customer interaction including Department of Defense (DoD) contract work
* Drive well-defined test requirements and realistic parametric test limits with cost-effective, achievable measurement techniques.
* Mentor and guide team through new project implementation at the Integrated Product Team Lead level for a Major Development Acquisition Program (MDAP).
Qualifications You Must Have:
* Requires a Bachelor’s in Science in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) with a minimum of four (4) years of directly related Engineering experience
* Four (4) or more years of Systems Engineering experience in test requirements development or test planning across lifecycle and transition to production
* Experience in modeling tools such, Unified Modeling Language (UML), and/or Systems Modeling Language (SysML).
* Previous work experience with Systems Engineering standard views such as Block Definition Diagrams, Context Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams.
* Previous experience with development, production or manufacturing operations testing.
The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Qualifications We Value:
* Preferred Masters or Ph.D. in the aforementioned degree
* Experience in developing Integrated Test and Evaluation Plans
* Past experience with embedded test techniques, design for test, design margin analysis, and/or design for manufacturing
* Experience with Agile processes and techniques
* Past work experience on proposal teams through proposal completion, including Bid/No Bid decisions
* Familiar with Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
* Understanding of the role of the DoD Key Leadership Position, the Chief Developmental Tester (CDT), and the expected interactions with the CDT
* Proficiency and experience in Design of Experiments (DOE), Regression Analysis, System Simulation, Math modeling and optimization, and/or Data Analysis using one or more of the following tools: Microsoft Excel, MATLAB, JMP, Minitab, or other equivalent tool
* Experience using Model Based Engineering (MBE) processes, tools, and techniques, with Rhapsody and IBM Rational Manager preferred
* Experience with Technology Readiness Levels (TRL’s) and Manufacturing Readiness Levels (MRL’s)
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Clearance Information: This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here:
Location Information: This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan region and recognized as one of America’s 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature’s best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson’s fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Revature is the fastest growing employer of emerging technology talent. We will hire over 300 Entry Level Software Developers across...Apply For This Job
Location: Chicago, IllinoisSalary: 50k USD – 300K USDJob Type: Contract Design your full-time freelance career as a top freelance QA...Apply For This Job
Open interviews conducted daily – Walk-ins Welcome We are always looking for great talent to join our team! At BJ’s...Apply For This Job
If you’ve ever considered a job in IT, become an Information Technology Specialist in the Army National Guard and expand...Apply For This Job
The future of tomorrow starts with emerging technology talent across the U.S. Revature is looking to hire over 300 Junior...Apply For This Job
In the next 4 weeks, Revature is looking to hire over 300 Front End Developers across the country. We are...Apply For This Job
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
|cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet.