I. General Summary
Under general direction, responsible for administration and day-to-day operation of organization’s local area network (LAN). Provides integrated team support and maintenance of LAN hardware and software. Maintains integrity of the LAN hardware and software. Installs LAN software upgrades, including planning and scheduling, testing and coordination.
II. Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
1. Responsible for ensuring assigned file servers are maintained at optimum level for performance. Ensures that file server(s) is operational, connected to network and users can perform normal activities with respect to the LAN. Monitors file server(s) performance. Ensures file server is connected to network and user applications are operational. Ensures integrity of operating system software by maintaining current version with software patches and/or upgrades. Ensures that Server security is maintained and that backups are run on regular basis.
2. Independently troubleshoots complex user problem calls to resolve hardware, software and user training issues.
3. Provides technical guidance to customer base in the use of supported software products and loads workstation software in accordance with established UMMC standards.
4. Analyze user needs and develops recommendations for submission to department. May conduct testing of user software against standard suite of supported software for department use.
5. Oversees installation of, and/or independently installs or relocates computer equipment, such as PCs, modems, terminals, printers, servers and other associated hardware ensuring access to electricity, network and telephone equipment in accordance with established UMMS standards.
6. Monitors records of IP addresses, PC configurations, or other required documentation for assigned LAN(s).
7. In coordination with departmental management, ensures computer systems meet regulatory agency requirements.
8. Reviews real-time trending information, and contacts Tiered support, when necessary. Maintains regular contact with users and supervisor/manager regarding status of open or pending service calls.
9. Studies vendor products to determine those which best meet organization needs; assists in presentation of information to management resulting in purchase, and installation of hardware, software, and telecommunications equipment.
10. Performs LAN security procedures. Evaluates new products and technologies to determine impact on existing system configurations.
11. Prepares proposals, cost/benefit analyses, and feasibility studies. Provides liaison support between the PC/LAN team, vendors and internal support group as needed.
III. Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent related professional experience is required.
2. Seven years experience dealing with Microsoft Servers, Microsoft Networks, Desktop Computing and Large Scale Application Systems
IV. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Expert understanding (Certification backed) of LAN network operating systems and connectivity issues in a multi-platform-platform LAN NOS environment.
2. Citrix version 7.x Administration VMWare Experience
3. Expert knowledge (Certification backed) of TCP/IP protocol, in-depth knowledge of PC operations, printer operations, file server operations, print server operations, and network operations.
4. Expert knowledge (Certification backed) of server virtualization product (VMWARE, MVS, Xen, etc.)
5. Expert knowledge (Certification backed) of at least one LAN based mail package (MS-Exchange, GroupWise, Lotus Notes), 3-5 years as primary administrator.
6. Strong knowledge of Windows and Windows products, personal computer software set up and installation, PC connectivity products and PC hardware connectivity.
7. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, MC Project).
8. Ability to provide limited leadership role, to be a liaison between escalated support and the EUC team.
9. Excellent communication and organization skills; demonstrates confidence, creativity, and maturity.
10. Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work with all levels within the organization.
11. Ability to perform daily work activities of the position assuring prompt and effective response to customer needs.
12. Proficient in analysis and problem solving, ability to work with other team and ability to assess customer needs and determining appropriate solutions.
13. Ability to understand and adhere to systems security and control procedures in accordance with departmental, vendor standards and regulatory bodies.
Purpose of Job We are currently seeking talented Java Software Engineers – Sr. Level for our San Antonio, TX facility....Apply For This Job
Purpose of Job We are currently seeking talented Java Software Engineers – Jr. Level for our San Antonio, TX facility....Apply For This Job
Location: US-All OfficesJob ID: 2# of Openings: 1Category: Marketing, Design and Communications About The Role: As Web Developer you will...Apply For This Job
As the fastest growing employer of emerging tech talent across the U.S, Revature looks to hire over 300 innovative Entry...Apply For This Job
A new pediatric geneticist opportunity is now available in North Dakota at a large healthcare system. They are hiring an...Apply For This Job
Overview Implements strategic initiatives related to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) function. Coordinates the activities in Macon County related to...Apply For This Job
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
|cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet.