Requisition ID 181299BR
Date updated 05/26/2021
Sr Principal Systems Engineer, G11; Sr Systems Analyst – Radar Performance
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, by combining our vast resources and investments, we are able to dedicate ourselves to solving mission-level vs. product-level customer challenges – together we can anticipate more, move faster and make a bigger impact on the big picture.
The Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) National Team Engineering is seeking a Sr Principal Systems Engineer/RF in Huntsville, AL.
As a Sr Systems Analyst/Radar Performance, you will perform systems engineering and analysis of all RF sensors reflected in the Missile Defense architecture, including mathematical-based modeling and simulation in support of the Missile Defense Agency’s mission area. You will be considered a technical leader in a team environment to develop performance concepts and requirements for advanced radar functionality and performance against evolving threats and countermeasures, including track and discrimination, electronic attack, and mitigation techniques against electronic attack.
Additionally, you will have the responsibility of collaborating within MDA and across industry stakeholders to evaluate and bring cutting-edge techniques and radar capabilities into the BMDS system for consideration. Responsibilities:
* Modeling and simulation tasks that support end-to-end performance analysis of the BMDS
* Development, updating, and benchmarking/anchoring of BMDS M&S tools to support system analysis tasks
Active Secret is required (Top Secret preferred). Except in rare circumstances, only US Citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
* 10+ years technical background in radar function and performance, including tracking, discrimination techniques, and electronic attack/electronic protection techniques
* Strong numerical modeling and simulation capability of advanced threats using a high level programming language such as MATLAB, Python, FORTRAN, or similar language environment
Active/Current Secret Clearance is required.
Required Education (including Major):
Degree in an engineering classification (STEM), mathematics or physics; Bachelors of Science, Masters or PhD.
* 20+ years technical background in radar function and performance, including tracking, object discrimination techniques, and electronic attack/electronic protection techniques
* Modeling or simulating missile defense applications or similar domains (air combat, air defense, intercept of ballistic targets, intercept of non-ballistic targets, space vehicles, sub-orbital mechanics, etc.)
* Detailed knowledge of ballistic and advanced threat systems (e.g., aero-maneuvering, hypersonic, hyper-glide, countermeasures, etc.), a discriminator in selection
* Modeling and analysis experience in support of the ballistic missile defense system (e.g., Aegis Weapons Systems, Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD), Fire Control, C2BMC, BMDS sensors (EO/IR/RF), kill vehicles, interceptors, countermeasures, etc.)
* Systems engineering experience supporting large systems
* Able to think critically to develop and capture concepts in technical papers, presentations, and discussions
* Possess good communication/interpersonal skills
* Capable of working in focused teams as an independent individual contributor
MATLAB, Python, modeling, simulation, model based systems engineering, MBSE, advanced threats, Aegis, ballistic, missile, BMDS, countermeasures, DOORS, EKV, functional analysis, GMD, hypersonic, hyper glide, infra-red sensors, IR, interceptor, Magic Draw, Missile Defense, MDA, Patriot, Radar, RF, Rhapsody, System Architect, C2BMC, TPY-2, Standard Missile, THAAD, SPY-1, SBX, requirements development, system specification, commitment
At Raytheon Technologies, we innovate to create solutions and solve complex challenges across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace. In doing so, we embrace the talent, expertise and perspectives of our diverse workforce, each bringing their skills, ideas and dedication to the work we do. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our customers, industry partners and our teammates, making a positive impact not only to our business, but also in our communities where we live and work. Our constant innovation is made possible by a strong culture, investing in our people, and an unwavering vision that is shared by Raytheon Technologies employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place.
What We Offer: Whether you are just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.181299
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
THIS IS FOR ONSITE INTERPRETINGDuties: TLG is seeking Freelance Onsite American Sign Language Interpreters (Independent Contractors) for the Northern VA...Apply For This Job
Concept Rehab has been therapist owned and operated for over 35 years! We look for the best and brightest therapy...Apply For This Job
We are the fastest growing employer of emerging tech talent in the U.S. Revature is looking to hire over 300...Apply For This Job
New hires who show proof of their Covid-19 vaccination earn a $100 bonus their first day. This position offers an...Apply For This Job
JOINT Automated Systems are tools that help provide strategic coordination and situational awareness at the tactical levels of combat. As...Apply For This Job
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
|cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet.