SQL Server DBA / Developer
The Virginia Economic Development Partnership (VEDP) is seeking an experienced SQL Server DBA / Developer in its Information Technology Division. The primary responsibilities of this position include the design, development, implementation, integrity and support of the enterprise database architecture and programs with some project management. This is a Richmond office-based position.
• Ability to identify requirements, design/develop data models, logical and physical databases, data dictionaries and schemas.
• Design and develop database objects, tables, stored procedures, views and triggers in MS SQL Server.
• Create and manage ETLs using MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
• Design and develop reports using MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
• Manage application data interactions with the Development Team through REST based service layer.
• Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
• Perform MS SQL Server installs and patching utilizing best practices.
• Configure and maintain database servers and processes, monitor system health and performance, ensuring high levels of performance, availability, and security.
• Preparing and maintaining storage management plans, including routine backups, long-term archives, and disaster recovery support. Participate in the development and deployment of the Disaster Recovery Plan.
• Manage the deployment of database scripts in development, test and production environments.
• Research and evaluate new products and development needed to support ongoing needs of organization.
• Develops and maintains system documentation, guidelines and presentations.
• Strong communication skills to support all project phases, in particular technical and business requirement discussions.
• Self-motivated, organized, independent, and proactive.
Experience and Education:
• 5+ years in database design, development, optimization and administration of MS SQL Server.
• Experience with the installation, configuration and support for MS SQL Server (including SSIS and SSRS) 2012 or newer.
• In-depth knowledge of standard concepts, practices and procedures related to database management and security.
• Experience in proactively monitoring database health, executing maintenance packages, monitoring space and indexing strategy.
• Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, etc.
• Experience with Microsoft Integration Services (SSIS) and Microsoft Reporting (SSRS).
• Experience with migrating and managing Azure database(s).
• Experience writing technical documentation.
• Data mart or Data warehouse knowledge is a plus.
• Vendor Certification(s) is a plus.
A combination of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in information systems or a related field is essential. Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States. All candidates must apply through our website Application deadline: Open Until Filled.
VEDP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or against otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities. It is VEDP’s intent that its employment and personnel policies and practices conform to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. Applicants requiring more information or requiring assistance may contact VEDP Human Resources at 1- or . TDD 1-.
Discover. A brighter future. With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three...Apply For This Job
New hires who show proof of their Covid-19 vaccination earn a $100 bonus their first day. This position offers an...Apply For This Job
RN Network Navigator (Case Manager) – FT Days – .*Job* : Registered Nurse – Critical Care.*Primary Location* : TN-Nashville-Medical Center...Apply For This Job
Are you ready to get hired in the next 4 weeks? Revature is the fastest growing employer of emerging tech...Apply For This Job
In the next 4 weeks, Revature is looking to hire over 300 Front End Developers across the country. We are...Apply For This Job
BUILDING GREAT CAREERS ON BREADSTICK AT A TIME! Join the Fazoli’s Team where PEOPLE come first Why Are We Here?...Apply For This Job
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
|cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet.