Location: Aurora, Colorado
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Clearance Type: Secret
Telecommute: No -Teleworking not available for this position
Shift: 1st Shift
Travel Required: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Positions Available: 1
#SpacePGS #SpacePGSSW Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today. Northrop Grumman Space Systems Sector is looking for you to join our team as a Staff Software Engineer based out of Aurora, CO. What You’ll get to Do: Lead key system design changes as the program Chief Software Architect and Software Development Lead. Help plan, estimate, baseline, design, and execute the development of software engineering contract work as the Software Lead. Lead day-to-day tasking and oversight of program software development effort and staff. Define and improve development’s documented standards applying software best practices. Monitor and ensure compliance with established software processes and track software completion in JIRA.
Ensure consistent implementation across teams and technologies. Provide system technical documentation and guidance. Establish/improve system standards for system-wide solutions. Review and guide subsystem build, packaging and deployment automation. Guide test improvements at the unit, component and system levels. Mentor within development and across the program organization
Participate or lead daily/weekly communication with other program orgs
Help establish risks and opportunities for the development team. Support requirement definition, derivations, acceptance criteria, and test data needs. Recommend improvements to new development as well as existing operations and maintenance (O&M).
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
Paid Time Off
Training and Development
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve. Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
Basic Qualifications: • Bachelor’s degree with a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics discipline from an accredited college.
• Level 5 requires 14 Years with Bachelors in Science; 12 Years with Masters; 9 Years with PhD; 18 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Lead experience in enterprise/system-level Java/C++ programming.
• Experience with Agile software development specifically Scrum using Jira in Windows & Linux environments.
• Knowledge of object oriented design.
• Experience designing and documenting software architecture.
• Familiarity with virtualized and micro service environments (including architecture, creation, deployment and management of software).
• Experience decomposing customer functional needs into software development tasks, i.e., backlog refinement.
• Experience leading a team of engineers to meet common goals and schedule.
• Active Secret clearance or higher (required to start).
Preferred Qualifications: • Software development experience in Windows & Linux environments.
• Full software development life cycle experience in Agile and other methodologies.
• Experience with Jenkins, Bitbucket, GIT and Confluence.
• Ability to guide and mentor junior development team members through code and design reviews.
• Knowledge of object-oriented design patterns and software engineering best practices.
• Familiarity with CI/CD processes Salary range for a Staff Software Engineer: $148,512-$222,768 Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions. Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. Learn about Northrop Grumman Total Rewards and Benefits.
Description: What You Will Be Doing: As a Penske Angular Developer (Software Engineer I), you will participate in all aspects...Apply For This Job
At Revature, we hire emerging technology talent to innovate the future of tomorrow. In the next 4 weeks, we will...Apply For This Job
Duties/Responsibilities: Develop and execute a strategy for vulnerability management and risk reduction that aligns global best practices. Configure vulnerability assessment...Apply For This Job
SUMMARY OF DUTIES This position is responsible for cosmetic part quality, dimensional charting, paperwork completion, and submission of molded component...Apply For This Job
Revature is looking to hire over 300 Junior Full Stack Developers in the next 4 weeks. As the fastest growing...Apply For This Job
Position Summary The payroll systems and tax analyst will be responsible for ensuring that information flows properly into and out...Apply For This Job
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
|cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet.