Location: Baltimore, Maryland
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Clearance Type: Secret
Telecommute: No -Teleworking not available for this position
Shift: 1st Shift
Travel Required: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Space Payload and Ground Systems is seeking a technical leader for the development of digital subsystems and products. Northrop Grumman Space Systems is a leading global supplier of HW/SW defined systems. The Software and Digital Engineering department develops subsystems and products that range in size from space qualified FPGAs performing processing or command and control functions to advanced node ASICs in multi-chassis processing and control systems. Our teams produce technical solutions that deliver advanced operational capabilities on schedule and under budget. This position is for a Technical Leader that will design and develop advanced digital subsystems used in electro optical, radar, electronic warfare and other sensor and processing applications. The ideal candidate has a track record of outstanding individual technical performance and demonstrated ability to lead a multi-discipline team. The selected candidate will perform technical oversight for the design, development and integration & test of digital subsystems, ASIC, FPGA, single board computers and other digital board products. Responsibilities include architecting the technical solution, partitioning the solution into components/products, specifying the implementation, analyzing environmental and manufacturing constraints, assisting the Integrated Product Team (IPT) Lead with technical team leadership, process & compliance, technology management, risk management, schedule development, vendor selection and management. They will also be required to interface with internal and external customers and suppliers in this position. This candidate must have good communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and good oral and written presentation skills. This candidate must have a desire to learn, and take on significant challenges. Digital Tech Lead Typical Responsibilities
Lead and direct engineering teams during proposal, design, manufacturing, and integration & test of digital subsystems and products
Support proposal development and new program acquisition efforts
Interpret & influence higher level system requirements
Interpret statements of work assigned by program leadership
Conduct & brief technical trade studies
Document technical specifications for internal and external development teams
Verify and validate subsystem development complies with allocated requirements
Engage suppliers and subcontractors to ensure technical, cost and schedule compliance
Brief internal and customer leadership on progress of work assigned
Evaluate and mitigate technical risk of system requirements and implementations
The selected candidates will perform in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, and collaborative/team settings. The selected candidates are expected to be self-motivated, highly-organized, and detail oriented and possess effective verbal and written communication skills. This position is located in Linthicum, MD.
Technical Lead Basic Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or STEM-related discipline with 9 years of experience, or Master’s Degree and 7 years of experience
· 5 or more years of related experienced to include project management/IPT leadership, to include 4 or more years leading a digital design team. Digital subsystem, ASIC, FPGA and/or digital board development “experience and knowledge essential”
· Candidate must have good communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and good oral and written presentation skills
· Secret (or higher) level security clearance, per business requirements
Technical Lead Preferred Qualifications:
· Experience as Technical lead or other similar leadership role with demonstrated team building, organizational, and interpersonal skills. Experience working on space systems is a plus.
· Experience leading or managing engineering teams
· Fluency with developing and executing technical development plans
· Basic understanding of the Design, Manufacturing, and Test process
· Problem-solving experience in a team environment
· Active and current Top Secret/SCI government clearance a plus
· Digital design and Digital requirements development experience
· Demonstrated the ability to convert requirements to a detailed design document
· Deep technical skills covering subsystem (box/LRU level), ASIC, FPGA and/or board design
· Embedded networking or high speed protocols experience (GBE, PCIe, Interlaken, Infiniband, etc.)
· Interest in mentoring/teaching/growing junior engineers
· Some signal processing familiarity
· Experience with advanced node ASIC technologies
· Experience with scripting languages such as TCL, Python or Perl
· Integration of a system containing digital hardware, software and firmware
· Vendor interface for subcontracted development tasks, including developing and review of SOWs
· Ability to multi-task and apply good time management
Employees may be eligible for discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow for employees to share in company results. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of of benefits including healthcare insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. Learn about Northrop Grumman Total Rewards and Benefits.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
As the fastest growing employer of emerging tech talent across the U.S, Revature looks to hire over 300 innovative Entry...Apply For This Job
Location: Remote United States This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the...Apply For This Job
Revature is the fastest growing employer of emerging technology talent. We will hire over 300 Entry Level Software Developers across...Apply For This Job
Butler Snow LLP, a multi-office, AMLaw 200 law firm, is seeking to fill a litigation Legal Administrative Assistant position in...Apply For This Job
Applied Signal Technology is seeking engineers who strive for excellence and have a passion to be part of a team...Apply For This Job
Communication is the pulse of Army National Guard units, and it’s up to the Signal Support Systems Specialist to ensure...Apply For This Job
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
|cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet.