Posting Job Description
Charter Communications is America’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. We’re committed to integrating the highest quality service with superior entertainment and communications products. Charter is at the intersection of technology and entertainment, facilitating essential communications that connect 24 million residential and business customers in 41 states. Our commitment to serving customers and exceeding their expectations is the bedrock of Charter’s business strategy and it’s the philosophy that guides our 90,000 employees.
The Charter Technical Engineering Center (CTEC) facilities in Englewood, CO oversee the design and architecture of Charter’s multi-billion dollar network infrastructure. We investigate, select, develop, and integrate technologies and solutions that meet the needs of the company for short, medium and long term initiatives. This includes the delivery of the technology plan and future architecture for Voice, Video, Data, Optical, Commercial, Cloud, CPE, Network and Access.
The Security Engineering team is part of Charter’s Advanced Engineering organization, and is tasked with defining company standards, while providing implementation guidelines for all network security related technologies associated to Core, Edge, Access, and Data Center controls for Charter’s nationwide network. We leverage modern security techniques and practices to build innovative solutions in multiple arenas such as BGP Security techniques, Security Automation/Orchestration, and Security Compliance. Solutions being developed by the Security Engineering team are critical to supporting major business initiatives within Charter, and are essential in securing our complex network. During the interview process, qualified candidates must demonstrate strong knowledge with Service Provider and Enterprise level network security topics as outlined in “Required Qualifications and Knowledge Base” below.
This position will report to the Director of Security Engineering and does not have any direct reports. The following duty statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other non-essential or marginal duties that may be required. The company reserves the right to modify or change the duties or essential functions of this job at any time.
Major Responsibilities Include:
• Architect, develop, and document industry best practices to support company initiatives while meeting performance and availability requirements
• Collaborate with Product, Operations and Engineering organizations to understand requirements and develop specifications around project initiatives
• Review of design specification, lab testing, and company work group communication on all new and existing security related project controls
• Audit of all existing security standards and controls: to include engineering designs, implementation guidelines, and field bulletins for equipment and technology upgrades on the Charter networks
• Operational problem escalations and vendor concerns/issues around security related matters
• Vulnerability security scanning and resolution of scan results for new and existing architected solutions Pre-Production and lab – ensuring all critical and high security vulnerabilities have been resolved and/or mitigated via proper security controls and/or the enabling or disabling of said vulnerable functions
• Ensure proper Security Engineering to Security Operations handoff – capturing all required architectural documentation and security results accordingly
Required Qualifications and Knowledge Base Include:
• Unix/Linux Environments (Redhat/CentOS/Kali…etc)
• Security Technologies and Protocols (FW/IDS IPS/TACACS/Radius…etc)
• Network Layers 2/3/4/7 – Protocols (BGP, OSPF, MPLS and IS-IS)
• Network Security (BGP Hijacking/RPKI/DDoS/ACLs/Flowspec…etc)
• Standards Documentation Creation (Design/Implementation/Certification/Test Plans….etc)
• Scripting/Programming Automation (Python/Ansible/Bash/C++..etc)
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or Science field or 5 – 10 years of relevant experience
More on Spectrum
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Spectrum has adopted virtual mobile recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Revature will hire over 300 new Software Developers in the next 4 weeks. As the largest employer of emerging tech...Apply For This Job
The Follow Up Analyst — Salary Bargaining Unit — Summer Vacation Replacement (SVR) is a temporary responsible for performing follow...Apply For This Job
The future of tomorrow starts with emerging technology talent across the U.S. Revature is looking to hire over 300 Junior...Apply For This Job
Purpose of Job We are currently seeking talented Java Software Engineers – Sr. Level for a100% work from home opportunity....Apply For This Job
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. Energize your...Apply For This Job
Description:Love your job at Texas Roadhouse! Join our family and work in a high-volume restaurant filled with fun.Are you interested...Apply For This Job
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
|cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet.