Location: Huntsville, Alabama
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Clearance Type: Top Secret
Telecommute: Yes -May Consider Occasional/Part Time Teleworking for this position
Shift: 1st Shift
Travel Required: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Positions Available: 1
Embark on a career generating and maturing innovative, trusted, and affordable advanced concepts and technologies that fulfill our nation’s strategic deterrence needs allowing for the capture of, and low risk transition to, new development and upgrade programs. Northrop Grumman Space Sector Strategic Deterrent Systems Advanced Programs has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in the future of a national strength that has kept the world without global conflict for seven decades and counting. With us, you’ll discover a culture of innovation, corporate and partner collaboration, and commitment to mission that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our Strategic Deterrent Systems cross generations and keep our nation strong and world safe 24/7/365 in an evolving global environment.
Northrop Grumman Space Sector Strategic Deterrent Systems Division is seeking a Payload Product Engineer. This position will be located in Roy, UT or Huntsville, Alabama and will support the Advanced Programs organization. This position will be responsible for providing conceptual and preliminary payload design support to all Advanced Programs activities focusing on modeling and simulation analysis. The position reports to the lead of Advanced Programs Payload Product Organization and interfaces with other Advanced Programs Core Organization members. The Advanced Programs Payload Product core organization is envisioned to provide payload designs, focused initially on future warheads, reentry vehicles, and penetration aides including layout, packaging, mass properties, performance, etc., technology assessment/insertion, and interface/integration with other segments/elements of a weapon system (e.g. vehicle, command and control, support, launch equipment, etc.).
What you’ll get to do:
• Provide technical contributions to a growing Advanced Programs team of designers and analysts focused on conceptual and preliminary design and technology maturation for obsolescence and capability upgrades to existing deterrent systems such as Minuteman III and Ground Based Strategic Deterrent as well as new advanced concepts for future deterrence needs in the areas of ballistic and cruise missiles, nuclear command, control, and communication, and support systems/subsystems such as cyberdefense, security, decision aides, etc.
• Contribute to various Advanced Programs projects in payload level trade studies, architecture development, and system engineering to produce credible conceptual and preliminary payload designs that meet potential customers’ performance, cost, schedule, and risk thresholds while informing them of the surrounding design space for capability considerations, especially capability versus life cycle cost versus technical availability date.
• Lead modeling and simulation analysis efforts for survivability aspects of weapon systems and weapon system components such as reentry vehicles against threat defensive systems and their integrated defense architectures.
• Demonstrate a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business
• Operate in an advanced design environment and collaborate across the Space Sector Divisions and other Sectors as required to accomplish the team goals
• Conceptualize and mature new business for growth of the Division
• Transition innovative solutions, technologies, and advanced concepts for US strategic deterrence interests to programs of record for product development and fielding.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Sector, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position may have a 9/80 work schedule available. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off as the mission allows. #LI-MD1
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline
• A minimum 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree
• Experience with DoD weapon system payload conceptual and preliminary design, particularly related to design analysis cycles, cost versus capability trade studies, and multi-design discipline integration
• Experience with ballistic missile, cruise missile, and/or weapon payload designs
• Experience with digital design, model based engineering, and modeling and simulation tools and processes including survivability analysis
• U.S. Citizenship and an active Top Secret DoD Security Clearance with a periodic reinvestigation closed within last five years
• Excellent technical writing skills
• Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills required to work closely with both internal staff and external customers and partners
• Experience with Northrop Grumman’s THORN tool
• Experience with DIA, MSIC, and MDA modeling and simulation survivability analysis tools
• Experience with nuclear hardened strategic systems
• Experience with detailed design and engineering and manufacturing development
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
JOINT Automated Systems are tools that help provide strategic coordination and situational awareness at the tactical levels of combat. As...Apply For This Job
Category: EngineeringLocation: Manhattan Beach, CaliforniaUS Citizenship Required for this Position: YesClearance Type: NoneTelecommute: Yes -May Consider Occasional/Part Time Teleworking for...Apply For This Job
DescriptionThe CNA at HumanGood actively incorporates our Philosophy for Person-Directed Care. Develops awareness of residents’ interests and needs, and assists...Apply For This Job
Build your skillset with the fastest employer of emerging tech talent in the U.S. – Revature. We are hiring over...Apply For This Job
What you’ll do… Analyzes complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to...Apply For This Job
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role* A prestigious fortune 500 company is on...Apply For This Job
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
|cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet.