Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking a talented Regional Actuary to work in a 100% Remote Work Environment
This is a unique opportunity available to actuaries who are looking for a more visible role in the pricing world. They will lead the technical aspects of pricing work for a region of states, representing the pricing team in discussions with other areas such as product line and guiding the analysis needed for pricing reviews. In so doing, actuaries in this role will need to demonstrate strong ownership of the pricing work for their assigned region.
Coordinates, prepares and performs advanced actuarial analyses required to develop new products, project future results, reprice existing products, and/or determine financial strength.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
* Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
* Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
* Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
* Establishes appropriate statistical plans, analytical tools, and requirements for analyzing the experience of various products classification systems, rating plans, reserves, and catastrophes.
* Assists in setting pricing objectives by making forecasts and projections and developing strategies to support the company mission and goals in the areas of product development, pricing, catastrophe management, reinsurance, or reserving.
* Utilizes actuarial modeling software driven models for pricing, valuation, and/or risk management to develop new products, project future results, reprice existing products, and/or determine financial strength. May make adjustments and improvements to models, when appropriate.
* Monitors competitive market, industry trends, and professional research to maintain knowledge of current activities related to products, regulation, market conditions, and innovative alternatives to achieve financial and market goals.
* Creatively approaches problems and issues from a wide range of perspectives to determine innovative techniques.
* Champions and implements innovative solutions to business initiatives.
* Responsible for training team members on change/improvement.
* Exhibits advanced knowledge of actuarial and business concepts provide innovative solutions and creatively solve business problems.
* Represents USAA’s interest at industry level committee meetings. Provides data to other departments, useful for their management purposes, from actuarial data systems.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
* Bachelor’s Degree OR 4 additional years of Actuarial/business/analytical experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a Degree.
* 4 years Actuarial/business/analytical experience + Associate of the Casualty Actuarial Society (ACAS).
* Experience in developing Innovative Actuarial Analyses/Processes.
* Experience in metric development/monitoring.
* Strong communication/presentation skills.
* Demonstrable problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills
* Experience working on multiple projects, managing competing priorities and prioritizing workflow through strong partnerships with product line leaders
* Extensive knowledge of ratemaking -pricing, modeling, simulation techniques, methodologies and passion to coach less experienced pricing analysts on projects
* Experience to conducting comparative filings analysis and analyzing rating algorithms resulting in tangible impacts.
* Exceptional and working knowledge of data analytics tools with the ability to diagnose root cause, path analysis, conduct deep analyze, data discovery utilizing analytical tools – T-SQL querying, SAS, or other analysis software (Python, R, Tableau)
* Experience translating detailed analytics into manageable visualizations, communicating and presenting the results concisely to executive leadership
* Experience building strong relationships internally with extended project team members and externally with state regulators
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $97,200.00 – $175,000.00*( this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
* Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
USAA Total Rewards
Relocation assistance is NOT available for this position.
Job Description Innovate to solve the world’s most important challenges The future is what you make it. When you join...Apply For This Job
As a leader in recruiting emerging technology talent across the country, Revature is looking forward to hiring over 300 new...Apply For This Job
If you’ve ever considered a job in IT, become an Information Technology Specialist in the Army National Guard and expand...Apply For This Job
OVERVIEW Experience a perfect blend of deliberate purpose and clear-eyed vision. At Ulta Beauty, some of the industry’s most highly-esteemed...Apply For This Job
Job DescriptionThe Surgical First Asst HR reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of...Apply For This Job
With operations in 35+ nations and ~ 27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range...Apply For This Job
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet.