Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking multiple talented Actuaries to work from the San Antonio Home Office location or a 100% Remote Work from Home opportunity.
This is a unique opportunity available to actuaries who are looking for a more visible role in the pricing world. They will lead the technical aspects of pricing work for a region of states, representing the pricing team in discussions with other areas such as product line and guiding the analysis needed for pricing reviews. In so doing, actuaries in this role will need to demonstrate strong ownership of the pricing work for their assigned region.
Coordinates, prepares and performs actuarial analyses required to develop new products, project future results, reprice existing products, and/or determine financial strength. Under minimal supervision, performs moderately complex to complex work assignments and problem resolution.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we’ve been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we’ve ranked among Victory Media’s Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers – Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
* Applies advanced knowledge of the business, its products, and processes.
* Utilizes actuarial modeling software driven models for pricing, valuation, and/or risk management.
* Enters data and tables, runs models, and generates reports.
* May make adjustments and improvements to models, when appropriate.
* Maintains proper price level, price structure, data availability and other requirements to achieve profitability and competitive goals.
* Identifies critical experience areas to monitor and suggest timely remedies to correct or prevent unfavorable trends.
* Identifies sources of gain and loss by product and assumption.
* Tests pricing assumptions and the appropriate premiums, interests margins, reserves, and cash values for new products.
* Resolves issues of and navigates obstacles to deliver work product.
* Serves as a resource to less experienced team members on escalated issues of a routine nature.
* Bachelor’s Degree OR 4 additional years of Actuarial/business/analytical experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a Degree.
* 4 or more years Actuarial/business/analytical experience + ACAS
* Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
* Demonstrable problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills
* Experience working on multiple projects, managing competing priorities and prioritizing workflow through strong partnerships with product line leaders
* Extensive knowledge of ratemaking -pricing, modeling, simulation techniques, methodologies and passion to coach less experienced pricing analysts on projects
* Experience to conducting comparative filings analysis and analyzing rating algorithms resulting in tangible impacts.
* Exceptional and working knowledge of data analytics tools with the ability to diagnose root cause, path analysis, conduct deep analyze, data discovery utilizing analytical tools – T-SQL querying, SAS, or other analysis software (Python, R, Tableau)
* Experience translating detailed analytics into manageable visualizations, communicating and presenting the results concisely to executive leadership
* Experience building strong relationships internally with extended project team members and externally with state regulators
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $97,200 – $175,000 *(this does not include geographic differential; it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
* Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
USAA Total Rewards
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 12/08/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Revature is the fastest growing employer of emerging technology talent in the US. We will hire over 300 new Junior...Apply For This Job
As the fastest growing employer of emerging tech talent across the U.S, Revature looks to hire over 300 innovative Entry...Apply For This Job
Location: Your manager is in Santa Clara, CA but you’ll be working remotely from anywhere in the US. This position...Apply For This Job
Rate: $12-$14/hr. (based on prior working experience) Monthly Bonus Potential JOB DESCRIPTION The assistant manager works productively and supervises restaurant...Apply For This Job
Communication is the pulse of Army National Guard units, and it’s up to the Signal Support Systems Specialist to ensure...Apply For This Job
At Revature, we hire emerging technology talent to innovate the future of tomorrow. In the next 4 weeks, we will...Apply For This Job
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
|cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet.