At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues and customers.
Do new ideas and technology thrill you?
Do people call you an overachiever?
Do you enjoy facing new development challenges and working in dynamic teams?
If your answer to those questions is an enthusiastic “yes!” then you may be the person we’re looking for to join our innovative team as a Software Engineer.
As part of the Software Products Engineering team, you will be an integral part of helping Raytheon Missiles & Defense further our vision to be the global leader in core and next-generation weapon and security solutions. By any measure, Raytheon Missiles & Defense is an exciting and rewarding place to work. We pride ourselves on developing world-class talent in an inclusive atmosphere. The result is a workforce that takes pride in the company and consistently delivers superior solutions.
This position is responsible for applying technical expertise in the development of C/C++ software development for embedded multi-processor systems. Provides practical solutions to difficult technical software problems. Displays initiative and can work well alone or as a member of a team. Follows organizational processes and procedures. Reviews software products for soundness of technical judgment and adequacy. Interacts with senior software personnel through both written and verbal communication. Produces documentation related to the design and release of software artifacts. Develops complete software solutions, and influences the successful completion of supported programs and projects. Understands and utilizes agile software development methods, automation, and continuous integration.
The Re-Empower Program helps support talented and committed professionals as they rebuild their capabilities, enhance leadership skills, and continue their professional journey. Over the course of the 14-week program, experienced professionals will gain paid, on-the-job experience, have an opportunity to participate in sessions with leadership, develop personalized plans for success and receive coaching to guide their return to work experience. Upon completion of the program, based on performance and contributions participants will be eligible for a career at Raytheon Technologies.
The next cohort of the Re-Empower Program will run from September 13 – December 17, 2021.
Minimum Program Qualifications
To qualify for the Raytheon Technologies Re-Empower Program, candidates should:
* Be on a career break of one or more year at time of application
* Have prior experience in functional area of interest
* Have interest in returning in either a full-time or part-time position
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
* Applying expertise in software development for embedded multi-processor systems.
* Providing innovative and creative software solutions to complex technical problems.
* Following and/or recommending changes to established processes and procedures.
* Reviewing software products for soundness of technical judgment and adequacy.
* Producing documentation related to the design and release of software artifacts.
* Utilizing agile software development methods, automation, and continuous integration.
Qualifications You Must Have:
* Bachelor’s in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) (Preferred Degrees: Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or other related degree. ABET is preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.)
* A minimum of four (4) years of professional experience in a related engineering field or preferred experience in an embedded real-time setting
* Education/Experience using C/C++ language
* Education/Experience designing real-time embedded software on multiprocessor systems
* Education/Experience with software, test development, and/or integration
* Education/Experience using embedded Real Time Operating Systems (RTOSs) (e.g. Green Hills, Integrity, Wind River VxWorks, Linux, etc.)
* The ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. security clearance prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Qualifications We Value:
* Experience working in a multi-disciplined product development team/environment.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work in an integration lab environment working on hardware
* Practical experience with guidance, navigation, sensing, tracking and discriminating systems and associated algorithms is highly desired
* Experience designing real-time embedded software on multi-core systems
* Experience with object oriented development
* Experience using software source control tools and/or automated build environments
* Experience with Agile Software development methods (e.g. Scrum, continuous integration, etc.)
* Experience using scripting languages (e.g. Perl, Python)
* Experience adapting Board Support Packages
* Experience with system integrity and mission assurance
This position is located in Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan region and recognized as one of America’s 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature’s best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, our fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.
Virtual Fly Over City of Tucson & Community
Why Work For RMD in the Software Products Engineering?
“The complexity of the problems I work on every day excite me. Tactical missile systems are not trivial, and are multi-threaded working at different rates. There are lots of interactions in the system, and lots of use cases that can go wrong if we aren’t diligent to test all the boundaries.” – KP
What excites you about the work you do at RMD – SPE every day?
“What excites about working at RMD/SPE every day is that I can be working on testing a program in C/C++, while next day I may be working on C++ GUI, or the day after in some other new programming language. I may be testing software one day or the other day I might be writing software. My point being here is that I’m always learning new things, new tasks and assignments all the time and that makes my job very interesting and fun.” – JS
“People are here from all over the country and the world, and through that I’ve had a great time learning about other places and cultures.” – BP
Clearance Information: This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here:
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Category: EngineeringLocation: Pasadena, CaliforniaUS Citizenship Required for this Position: YesClearance Type: NoneTelecommute: Yes -May Consider Occasional/Part Time Teleworking for this...Apply For This Job
New hires who show proof of their Covid-19 vaccination earn a $100 bonus their first day. This position offers an...Apply For This Job
We continuously seek exceptional associates when recruiting new employees. We pride ourselves on having extensive experience working with clients in...Apply For This Job
Purpose of Job We are currently seeking a talented Software Engineer (Guidewire) – Senior Level for our Phoenix, AZ or...Apply For This Job
As the fastest growing employer of emerging tech talent across the U.S, Revature looks to hire over 300 innovative Entry...Apply For This Job
Purpose of Job We are currently seeking a talented Software Engineer – Senior Level for our Phoenix, AZ or 100%...Apply For This Job
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
|cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet.