At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues and customers.
Do new ideas and technology thrill you?
Do people call you an overachiever?
Do you enjoy facing new development challenges and working in dynamic teams?
If your answer to those questions is an enthusiastic “yes!” then you may be the person we’re looking for to join our innovative team as a Software Engineer.
As part of the Software Products Engineering team, you will be an integral part of helping Raytheon Missiles & Defense further our vision to be the global leader in core and next-generation weapon and security solutions. By any measure, Raytheon Missiles & Defense is an exciting and rewarding place to work. We pride ourselves on developing world-class talent in an inclusive atmosphere. The result is a workforce that takes pride in the company and consistently delivers superior solutions.
This position is responsible for applying advanced technical expertise with C/C++ software development for embedded multi-processor systems, contributing to the development of new principles and concepts, resolving unusually complex technical software problems, and providing solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious. Works under consultative direction toward predetermined long-range goals and objectives. Assignments are often self-initiated and while supporting this role, you will determine and pursue courses of action necessary to obtain desired results. Follows or recommends changes to department processes and procedures and reviews software products for soundness of technical judgment and adequacy. Shares guidance to support junior staff. Develops advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product. Utilizes Agile software development methods for automation, and continuous integration. Serves as a team spokesperson on advanced projects and programs. Acts as advisor to management and customers on advanced technical research studies and applications.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
* Applying expertise in software development for embedded multi-processor systems.
* Providing innovative and creative software solutions to complex technical problems.
* Following and/or recommending changes to established processes and procedures.
* Reviewing software products for soundness of technical judgment and adequacy.
* Producing documentation related to the design and release of software artifacts.
* Utilizing agile software development methods, automation, and continuous integration.
Qualifications You Must Have:
* Bachelor’s in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) (Preferred Degrees: Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or other related degree. ABET is preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.)
* A minimum of eight (8) years of professional experience in a related engineering field or preferred experience in an embedded real-time setting
* Education/Experience using C/C++ language
* Education/Experience developing, testing and/or integrating real-time software
* Education/Experience using embedded Real Time Operating Systems (RTOSs) (e.g. Green Hills, Integrity, Wind River VxWorks, Linux, etc.)
* Education/Experience with software/hardware/firmware integration
* Experience in technical leadership of small teams
* The ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. security clearance prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Qualifications We Value:
* Experience working in a multi-disciplined product development team/environment.
* Practical experience with guidance, navigation, sensing, tracking and discriminating systems and associated algorithms is highly desired
* Experience with Agile Software development methods (e.g. Scrum, continuous integration, etc.)
* Experience designing and architecting real-time embedded software on multi-core systems
* Experience with object oriented development
* Experience using software source control tools and/or automated build environments
* Experience using scripting languages (e.g. Perl, Python)
* Experience adapting Board Support Packages
* Experience with system integrity and mission assurance
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
We have Full-time and Part-time opportunities available.
This position is located in Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan region and recognized as one of America’s 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature’s best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, our fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.
Virtual Fly Over City of Tucson & Community
Why Work For RMD in the Software Products Engineering?
“The complexity of the problems I work on every day excite me. Tactical missile systems are not trivial, and are multi-threaded working at different rates. There are lots of interactions in the system, and lots of use cases that can go wrong if we aren’t diligent to test all the boundaries.” – KP
What excites you about the work you do at RMD – SPE every day?
“What excites about working at RMD/SPE every day is that I can be working on testing a program in C/C++, while next day I may be working on C++ GUI, or the day after in some other new programming language. I may be testing software one day or the other day I might be writing software. My point being here is that I’m always learning new things, new tasks and assignments all the time and that makes my job very interesting and fun.” – JS
“People are here from all over the country and the world, and through that I’ve had a great time learning about other places and cultures.” – BP
Clearance Information: This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here:
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Stylist At Great Clips, we know that stylists like you are most happy when they’re cutting hair, so at a...Apply For This Job
This job posting is for a position in a restaurant owned and operated by an independent franchisee, not Jack in...Apply For This Job
Are you ready to get hired in the next 4 weeks? Revature is the fastest growing employer of emerging tech...Apply For This Job
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time Remote role* *Position is bonus eligible* Prestigious Fortune 500 Company...Apply For This Job
In the next 4 weeks, Revature is looking to hire over 300 Front End Developers across the country. We are...Apply For This Job
New hires who show proof of their Covid-19 vaccination earn a $100 bonus their first day. This position offers an...Apply For This Job
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
|cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet.