Purpose of Job
This role would work with the Claims Advanced Modeling (Machine Learning & Predictive) teams performing logical data modeling and work to set up the necessary Information Categories to properly govern the data. This role would work closely with both the IT and Business teams to deliver a fully managed and governed data solution.
Holds responsibility for the development and implementation of the information architecture to support the measuring and monitoring of enterprise business needs. Maintains the design around the full set of Enterprise information capabilities that support existing and strategic business capabilities.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
* Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
* Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
* Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
* Demonstrates advanced knowledge of information governance practices and standards.
* Demonstrates mastery of information architecture tools to include Infosphere Data Architect (IDA), Infosphere Governance Catalog (IGC), Infosphere Metadata Workbench to create information architecture deliverables.
* Applies advanced knowledge to perform regular assessments of the health and maturity of information capabilities for a given domain.
* Applies advanced knowledge to identify new information capabilities needed to support business capabilities of a given business domain and recommends solutions.
* Guides efforts to define the mission, goals, critical success factors, principles, and policies for information strategy and architecture (IS&A).
* Applies knowledge to reference models to information architecture; displays knowledge/understanding of reference models to articulate business information requirements.
* Provides key advisement to key stakeholders to build business cases to secure approval and funding for data and analytical efforts.
* Provides key contributions toward the creation and maintenance of a conceptual model for information capabilities for a given domain.
* Influence direction and implementation of measurement frameworks by monitoring measure design and development and providing consultative services.
* Monitors business and development activities and ensures alignment to published IS&A direction, taking appropriate action when deviation is observed.
* Develops IS&A artifacts to include statements of direction, logic models, decision matrices, information capabilities, information categories, business entities, and conceptual models.
* Educates other practitioners on the value and practice of IS&A; develops and nurtures healthy peer and mentee relationships; develops effective models to convey moderately complex concepts.
* Collaborates with other architectural disciplines to influence information architecture direction, technical and data design decisions.
* Identifies and recommends appropriate data sources to be used in solution development and delivery.
* Bachelor’s Degree. 4 years’ work experience in information management or related experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree in addition to the minimum years of work experience.
* 6 years of experience in information and/or data architecture to include strategy, planning, and delivery oversight; or if Advanced degree, 4 years’ experience in information or data architecture.
* Previous experience with modern data architecture environments (Cloud, Hadoop, NoSQL, etc.).
* Proven ability to embrace new technologies of the future and operationalize these to deliver value (Data Virtualization, Cloud).
* Comprehensive understanding and experience working with data analysis tools and leveraging reporting and data analysis that molds the way user experiences are designed.
* Demonstrated experience and ability to apply architectural principles to business solutions.
* Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
* Experience with Property & Casualty Claims data and processes.
* Experience with Data Migration to the Cloud (moving data assets to AWS/Snowflake).
* Experience in Data Governance and Data Management practices.
* Experience with logical data modeling.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $97,200 – $175,000* (this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location).
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
* Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
USAA Total Rewards
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Job DetailsDescriptionPosition Summary: The Assistant Habilitation Specialist assists with the operation of the classroomEssential Accountabilities: Responsible for ensuring that all...Apply For This Job
Revature will hire over 300 new Software Developers in the next 4 weeks. As the largest employer of emerging tech...Apply For This Job
BUILDING GREAT CAREERS ON BREADSTICK AT A TIME! Join the Fazoli’s Team where PEOPLE come first Why Are We Here?...Apply For This Job
Revature is the fastest growing employer of emerging technology talent. We will hire over 300 Entry Level Software Developers across...Apply For This Job
Description: Our team thrives on respect, integrity, accountability, teamwork, and excellence throughout our day-to-day interactions. Do you have the talent...Apply For This Job
As a leader in recruiting emerging technology talent across the country, Revature is looking forward to hiring over 300 new...Apply For This Job
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
|cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet.