Posting Job Description
Charter Communications is America’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. We’re committed to integrating the highest quality service with superior entertainment and communications products. Charter is at the intersection of technology and entertainment, facilitating essential communications that connect 24 million residential and business customers in 41 states. Our commitment to serving customers and exceeding their expectations is the bedrock of Charter’s business strategy and it’s the philosophy that guides our 90,000 employees.
Lead Individual Contributor responsible for researching, planning, designing, and testing wireless technologies related to supporting and improving Charter’s Wi-Fi, Fixed Wireless and Mobile Wireless service offerings. Works with cross functional teams and advises leadership. Provides technology leadership and drives the Wireless Technology roadmap with stakeholders and partners.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
Designs, implements, monitors, enhances and troubleshoots systems in assigned areas.
Interprets business requirements and designs detailed architectures based on those requirements.
Mentors and guides the work of technical staff.
Researches, designs and documents Policy Control systems and related technologies in support of Fixed Wireless, Wi-Fi, and Mobile Wireless networks.
Produces required Technical documentation, and reviews and improves documentation and designs.
Establishes the integrity, viability, functionality and capacity of Wireless Policy Control System architectures by writing and executing detailed test plans and documenting test results.
Tests and certifies Policy Control systems and related technologies for features, compatibility, interoperability, function and capacity.
Evaluates vendors, products, and solutions without bias or predisposition to make informed recommendations; and fully documents findings.
Provides Engineering Technical support and guidance to operations and engineering personnel and ensures all technical standards and documentation requirements are met.
Interacts with and manages tasks with members of cross-functional teams.
Manages multiple projects simultaneously without supervision.
Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
Knows, understands and follows company policy.
Performs other duties as requested by manager.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
• Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with managers, employees, customers, vendors, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
• Advanced Knowledge of related industry specifications, standards, technologies and protocols
• Advanced Knowledge in network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology
• Advanced Knowledge in TCP/IP and the OSI Model
• Advanced Knowledge in using ticketing and software tools to support the current operations.
• Advanced Knowledge of network devices and network appliances
• Advanced knowledge of computer servers and various operating systems (e.g. Linux, Windows)
• Advanced knowledge of productivity software, such as Visio, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
• Ability to perform duties in a fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology quickly
• Ability to use personal computer and software applications
• Ability to communicate with all levels of management
• Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field or commensurate work experience
Related Work Experience / Number Of Years
Engineering work experience / 5-10
Skills /Abilities and Knowledge
• Knowledge of company products and services.
• Deep knowledge and Experience in Wi-Fi, Fixed Wireless, and Mobile Wireless Policy Control Systems and related technologies.
• Knowledge and Experience in creating engineering documentation packages including Engineering Design Document, Data Flow Diagram, Call Flow Diagram, Implementation Guide, Operations Guide, Maintenance Guide, Method of Procedure, Technical Bulletin, Test Plan, and Test Results.
• Knowledge and Experience in Linux systems administration, application and OS tuning.
• Advanced knowledge of 4G/5G and Wi-Fi testing tools and software
• Knowledge of Containerization platforms, and orchestration and automation systems
Industry and vendor specific certifications and training preferred (Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc)
More on Spectrum
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Spectrum has adopted virtual mobile recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
At Taco Bell, were hungry for Mas. Mas Heart, Mas Flavor and Mas Value. If you want Mas in your...Apply For This Job
Purpose of Job We are currently seeking a talented Business Risk and Controls Advisor Lead for the San Antonio, TX,...Apply For This Job
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, by combining our vast resources and investments, we are able to dedicate ourselves to solving...Apply For This Job
Revature is looking to hire over 300 Junior Full Stack Developers in the next 4 weeks. As the fastest growing...Apply For This Job
In a world full of quick service options, Arby’s is seeking to be different and better, not only for our...Apply For This Job
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, fresh thinking and possibilities are forged in times of change and you will be on...Apply For This Job
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
|cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet.