Location: Huntsville, Alabama
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Clearance Type: Secret
Telecommute: No -Teleworking not available for this position
Shift: 1st Shift
Travel Required: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Positions Available: 4
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today. Northrop Grumman Space Launch and Missile Defense Systems are seeking Principal-Sr. Principal Software Engineers to join our Space Sector located in Huntsville, AL. What You’ll get to Do
• Participate in the entire lifecycle of software development from requirements definition to integration & deployment
• Apply “systems thinking” to ensure our products are scalable, maintainable, and meet end-user needs • Communicate openly and effectively with teammates and customer representatives • Experience developing software in object-oriented programming languages such as Java, C++, C#, or Ada.
• Ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance.
• Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with technical teams.
• Ability to prioritize and adjust tasks to accomplish project results.
• Experience analyzing complex problems and developing solutions.
Qualifications – External Basic Qualifications:
This requisition may be filled at either a Principal Software Engineer or Sr Principal Software Engineer level
• Principal Software Engineers require a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience with a Bachelors’ of Science in a STEM-related field (preferred); 9 years’ experience in lieu of a degree; 3 years with a Masters and 0 years with a PHD. •Sr. Principal Software Engineers require a minimum of 9 years of relevant experience with a Bachelors’ of Science STEM-related field (preferred); 13 years’ experience in lieu of a degree; 7 years with a Masters and 4 years with a PHD
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• Experience with the Missile Defense and Sense & Warn based systems.
• Experience with international sensors and fire control systems.
• Development utilizing a Linux based development environment.
• Knowledge of various scripting languages and tools: Python, MATLAB, etc.
• Experience working on CMMI Level 3+ programs
• Familiarity with Agile software development practices.
• Proven communications skills with armed services & government customer.
• Active Secret (or above) Security Clearance.
• Sec+ Certification
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
• Health Plan
• Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off
• Education Assistance
• Training and Development
• Flexible Work Arrangements
Please click on the Link to review all Northrop Grumman:
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions. DIVSW
Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world’s most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their...Apply For This Job
Build your skillset with the fastest employer of emerging tech talent in the U.S. – Revature. We are hiring over...Apply For This Job
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. Energize your...Apply For This Job
Category: EngineeringLocation: Roy, UtahUS Citizenship Required for this Position: YesClearance Type: SecretTelecommute: No -Teleworking not available for this positionShift: 1st...Apply For This Job
Job ID: 88611 Area of Interest: Clerical Location: Baltimore,MD USHours of Work: 8-4:30pm Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical Center...Apply For This Job
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
|cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet.