Location: Melbourne, Florida
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Clearance Type: Secret
Telecommute: No -Teleworking not available for this position
Shift: 1st Shift
Travel Required: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Positions Available: 1
Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career. Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Principal Software Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. Position is located in Melbourne, Florida. Exciting cross-collaboration opportunity to work with Cybersecurity and Software Engineering teams to keep our next generation warfighter safe from cyber-attacks! Essential Functions:
Support OS level functionality and will focus on key elements of Red Hat SE Linux and integration.
Linux operating system configuration and programming.
Resolve technically challenging issues and contribute to the design of the overall system.
Act as a team member working closely with the customer.
Working with internal business partners to gather requirements, prototyping, and architecting complex solutions supporting the building and test plan execution, performing quality reviews, and triaging and fixing operational issues.
Opportunity to become the subject matter expert for various subsystems of the aircraft and contribute to the overall design and integration of the software.
The role requires you to have hands on technical experience and a can do approach towards environment automation and management along with continuous improvements. Benefits: In addition to a full benefits package, 401k matching, PTO etc… we offer flexible work arrangements, phenomenal learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly team environment. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do. Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) provide benefits for the member, our leaders and the company. Our ERGs offer opportunities to be a friend, be active, be a volunteer, be a leader, to be recognized and to be yourself. Every ERG is inclusive of all employees!
• Bachelor’s Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) field from an accredited university with 5-years of software engineering experience OR a Master’s Degree in (STEM) with 3-years of software engineering experience OR a PhD Degree in (STEM.)
• Experience with C/C++, Java or other OOP languages
• Experience with OS configuration and software integration
• At minimum, an active DoD Interim Secret clearance is required to apply and to start the role, with the ability to obtain and maintain a full DoD Secret level clearance and special program access PAR within a reasonable amount of time as determined by the company to meet its business needs. Preferred Qualifications:
• Experience in troubleshooting Linux configuration and integration issues with the system and vendor software.
• Experience in troubleshooting complex hardware and software interactions/interface for Linux device drivers.
• Familiarity Security Enhanced Linux configurations and policies.
• Able to disseminate Linux development and administration configuration issues with other engineers.
• Have prior knowledge of Linux networking and application network programming experience.
• Ability to work, troubleshoot, integrate and communicate complex topics with Vendor sub-systems and Vendor software.
• Experience with root cause analysis and architecture synthesis with inter-discipline engineering teams.
• Experience with requirement synthesis for hardware/software integration areas.
• Degree/s in Computer Science and/or Computer Engineering is preferred.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
It’s your turn to take the lead and deliver the future before anyone else. You’ll introduce our customers to AT&T’s...Apply For This Job
Category: EngineeringLocation: Roy, UtahUS Citizenship Required for this Position: YesClearance Type: SecretTelecommute: No -Teleworking not available for this positionShift: 1st...Apply For This Job
Under direction of the Compensation Manager, the Compensation Analyst performs a series of functions to include but not limited to,...Apply For This Job
As the fastest growing employer of emerging tech talent across the U.S, Revature looks to hire over 300 innovative Entry...Apply For This Job
Overview Intuit is the global leader in financial management software where we have pioneered the shift to Virtual Platforms, cloud...Apply For This Job
Revature is the fastest growing employer of emerging technology talent. We will hire over 300 Entry Level Software Developers across...Apply For This Job
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
|cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet.