Posting Job Description
Charter Communications is America’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. We’re committed to integrating the highest quality service with superior entertainment and communications products. Charter is at the intersection of technology and entertainment, facilitating essential communications that connect 24 million residential and business customers in 41 states. Our commitment to serving customers and exceeding their expectations is the bedrock of Charter’s business strategy and it’s the philosophy that guides our 90,000 employees.
You should have a real passion for the latest technology trends and be willing to share new technology opportunities with the broader team. More specifically, you will:
• Write clean, concise code that is stable, extensible and unit-tested appropriately
• Communicate frequently and effectively with other engineers on the team in addition to our product managers, scrum masters and project managers.
• Provide detailed technical design for enterprise solutions
• Diagnose complex issues, evaluate, recommend and execute the best resolution
• Provides technical leadership on specific integration activities that are part of an engagement
• Implement new requirements within our Agile delivery methodology while following our established architectural principles
• Manage detailed application requirements and collaborate with project /development teams to ensure quality function, features and user experience
• Provides planning and design support for the development of solution architectures that will be implemented in a multiple system environment
• Test software to ensure proper and efficient execution and adherence to business and technical requirements
• Write code that meets the production requirements and design specifications and anticipate potential errors/issue
• Communicates across client community, and is viewed as adding value
• Contributes to knowledge tools and communities, and ensures project learning’s are documented and shared. Role models Focuses on single customer. Solves diverse and complex.
• Provides input into the architecture and design of the product; collaborating with the team in solving problems the right way
• Practices daily paired programming and test driven development in writing software and building products
• Establishes continuous integration, continuous delivery, and continuous deployment pipelines and practices
• Provides support for software products in user environments
• Extensive knowledge of Java and Spring Boot
• Thorough experience Angular2+ or Reactjs development experience
• Strong experience and knowledge in developing REST APIs including tooling for documentation
• Knowledge/Experience developing continuous integration and continuous delivery
• SQL Database (MySql, Postgres)
• Cloud Development (Amazon AWS CloudFormation script development and maintenance for Elastic Beanstalk, EC2, S3, IAM, RDS, and other services)
• Code Management Tools (GIT, Gitlab, Maven, Jira, etc.)
• Good understanding of OO Design, concurrency, synchronization, memory management, data structures, algorithms, etc.
• Self-motivated and passionate attitude — you wake up in the middle of the night to write down that great idea for your app you saw in your dream
• Significant knowledge of Agile development methodologies
• Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Solid analytical and troubleshooting abilities
• Team player mindset and a great sense of humor
• Nice to have: NoSQL: Cassandra, CouchDB, etc.
NICE TO HAVE QUALIFICATIONS
• Working experience and knowledge in TDD & BDD development practices
• Clear understanding of how networks work (TCP, UDP, sockets, HTTP, TLS etc.)
• Containerized deployment (Docker, Kubernetes)
• Terraform development experience
RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
5+ years Java development experience
2+ years Spring Boot
2+ years JPA/Hibernate
3+ years Web services development experience using REST, JSON, XML
2+ years Version control systems experience (Git and Atlassian suite)
2+ years cloud development (AWS)
2+ years SQL DB (MySql, Postgres)
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field; Master’s preferred
More on Spectrum
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Spectrum has adopted virtual mobile recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Category: EngineeringLocation: Huntsville, AlabamaUS Citizenship Required for this Position: YesClearance Type: SecretTelecommute: Yes -May Consider Occasional/Part Time Teleworking for this...Apply For This Job
Category: EngineeringLocation: Schriever AFB, ColoradoUS Citizenship Required for this Position: YesClearance Type: SecretTelecommute: Yes -May Consider Occasional/Part Time Teleworking for...Apply For This Job
As the fastest growing employer of emerging tech talent across the U.S, Revature looks to hire over 300 innovative Entry...Apply For This Job
Category: EngineeringLocation: Roy, UtahUS Citizenship Required for this Position: YesClearance Type: SecretTelecommute: No -Teleworking not available for this positionShift: 1st...Apply For This Job
Location: LOC_ABRAMSON-Abramson Building Req ID:113542Shift: DaysEmployment Status:Regular – Full Time Job Summary Anesthesia & Critical Care Mito Unit is seeking...Apply For This Job
Window Service Clerk:Join the US Postal Service within two weeks and get a starting bonus of up to $1,000. No...Apply For This Job
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
|cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet.