Location: Palmdale, California
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Clearance Type: Secret
Telecommute: No -Teleworking not available for this position
Shift: 1st Shift
Travel Required: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Positions Available: 1
Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career. The Specialty Test Team in Palmdale Ca. is looking for an experienced, hard-working, and reliable Electromechanical/Instrumentation Engineer to join our diverse team. The STT performs all structural testing, both static and fatigue. Ranging from component level to full scale article on both R&D and flight hardware.
Selected Candidate will apply their electrical, mechanical, and computer skills while utilizing complex, state of the art, load control and data acquisition systems to execute testing containing hundreds of load/position/pressure control channels while acquiring feedback /data from thousands of sensors. Qualified individuals will collaborate with various disciplines and different levels of personnel throughout all phases of Structural Testing towards a collective objective and must exhibit excellent communication skills and exceptional abilities to work well within a diverse team. Functional performance includes test planning, hardware and instrumentation design, set-up, and operation, as well as test set-up, execution, troubleshooting, data reduction and test report preparation/presentation. This is a very unique role that requires the candidate to demonstrate proficiency in both electrical and mechanical facets involved with all testing functions interchangeably. Candidate must have familiarity with operating and the basic concepts pertaining to data acquisition and load control hardware as well as related instrumentation such as: LVDTs, Strain Gages, String Pots, Load Cells, etc.
Selected candidate must be a motivated, driven individual with excellent communication skills, capable of successfully completing statement of work with somewhat minimal oversight/supervision. Candidate must have strong analytical/troubleshooting skills. Candidate will potentially serve as a leader and mentor to entry-level engineers and technicians.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Setup, program, operate, and maintain load control and data acquisition systems
• Plan and arrange for the equipment and personnel required to fulfill test requirements
• Contribute to the development, fabrication and assembly of mechanical and electromechanical components, sub-assemblies, systems and full scale test stands.
• Co-Author and publish test/instrumentation procedures and documents through Microsoft Office Suite software
• Participate in formal readiness reviews throughout all phases of testing
• Participate in post-test data evaluation, issue identification, and resolutions.
• Set up, install, and troubleshoot all types of instrumentation (load cells, LVDTs, strain gages, string pots, thermocouples, etc.) and understand their associated functional concepts
• 2D drawings in AutoCAD
• Bachelor’s Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 5 years related experience; OR a Master’s Degree in STEM with 3 years of related experience; OR a PhD with 0 years of experience.
• Proficiency with Electromechanical/Instrumentation Engineering concepts and functions such as control system setup and tuning processes as well as basic data acquisition/signal conditioning principles
• This position requires a DOD Secret or Top Secret Clearance as well as the ability to obtain Program Special access within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs
• 5 years direct hands-on experience with test, instrumentation & control engineering applications
• Experience with structures testing, load control and data acquisition systems
• Experience in mechanical assembly & test, analog electronics, transducers, strain gage design & installation
• Hands-on skill application in pneumatic/hydraulic system design, set up, and checkout
• Ability to assess complex anomalies, apply strong critical thinking skills, and develop resolutions effectively within a team
• Experienced user in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, visio, autocad, catia, nx
• Proficiency with C syntax, LabView, and VBA programming/scripting
• Secret or Top Secret clearance preferred
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Build your skillset with the fastest employer of emerging tech talent in the U.S. – Revature. We are hiring over...Apply For This Job
Are you ready to get hired in the next 4 weeks? Revature is the fastest growing employer of emerging tech...Apply For This Job
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across a...Apply For This Job
“The role of the General Manager is one of the most important roles in the company as you support and...Apply For This Job
About Us: At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, by combining our vast resources and investments, we are able to dedicate ourselves...Apply For This Job
Revature is looking to hire over 300 Junior Full Stack Developers in the next 4 weeks. As the fastest growing...Apply For This Job
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
|cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet.