Location: Palmdale, California
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Clearance Type: Secret
Telecommute: No -Teleworking not available for this position
Shift: 1st Shift
Travel Required: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Positions Available: 1
Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career. The Specialty Teat Team at Palmdale is looking for Manager / Section Head to lead a multi discipline engineering team through various phases of Component, Sub-system and Full Scale Airframe Testing. This position has both Functional and Program / Technical responsibilities. This position is locate in Palmdale California. Selected individual must have the Technical and soft skills that will enable him to successfully lead the team through all facets of Structural Testing, design, build up and execution. Candidate must be able and willing to execute in a multifaceted role, willing to collaborate with Engineering, Functional and Business team members located in multiple sites and cross country. This position requires a broad skillset in the area of instrumentation, static, fatigue, and system design. Structural Test environment experience as well as excellent communication skills are a must have.
The selected candidate will serve as the primary Specialty Test Team POC / liaison during the build-up of multiple Test structures. The position requires a confident, resourceful, highly motivated, results oriented individual with previous leadership experience.
Functional responsibilities include:
• Coaching and developing team members
• Employee performance evaluations
• Time card approvals
• Team building, interviews and candidate down-select
• Executing special assignments in support of FHR as well as Program requests
• Coordinate with IPT Engineering Manager and FHR developing and maintaining POP plan
Assignment Manager Responsibilities:
• Management of discrete work package, execution per IMS schedule
• Manage crew assignments, recurring and non-recurring task.
• Manage EVMS & CAM for selected accounts
• Prioritize and de-conflict schedule, resources and talent allocation.
• Develop, document and implement processes and procedures.
• Oversee risk reduction and trade study efforts.
• Participate in various PDR, CDR and general Technical Interchange discussions
• Oversee Test Set-up build-up / integration
• Oversee and ensure test execution, objective / requirements compliance and data validity
Basic Qualifications: • BS degree (STEM) with 10 yrs. industry experience including test execution experience.
• DoD, Secret clearance, in scope within the last 5 yrs. and current program access is required
• Knowledge of manufacturing and machine shop materials, processes and methodology.
• Familiarity with Mechanical Assembly, Integration and Test experience.
Preferred Qualifications: • BS (STEM) with 10 yrs. industry experience, 3 yrs. in a leadership / management position.
• Special Program Access, (Strike), active
• Demonstrated knowledge of product life cycle, Manufacturing thru Testing
• Ability to develop relationships and operate in a collaborative team environment
• Experience in briefing managers, program leadership and customers.
• Proven experience in a Technical Lead or Management role.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Purpose of Job We are looking for a Java Engineer – Mid level for our San Antonio, TX location. Provides...Apply For This Job
Are you ready to get hired in the next 4 weeks? Revature is the fastest growing employer of emerging tech...Apply For This Job
Purpose of Job We are currently seeking a talented Business Risk and Controls Advisor Lead for the San Antonio, TX,...Apply For This Job
Position: Route Assistant Reports to: Operations Manager and Assigned Delivery Driver Basic Purpose: As a Route Assistant, your basic job...Apply For This Job
About Us: At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, by combining our vast resources and investments we are able to dedicate ourselves...Apply For This Job
Revature is the fastest growing employer of emerging technology talent in the US. We will hire over 300 new Junior...Apply For This Job
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
|cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet.