EOE Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
ANCS is looking to hire a liscensed MD LPN with at least three years of skilled pediatric or adult skilled nursing care experience in a home care setting.
Skills Required: g-tube and trach care and lifting
Shift Available: Monday-Friday 7AM-4PM
In addition to the skills mentioned above the LPN will be responsible for the following scope of practice:
Scope of Practice of the LPN:
A. the LPN shall provide nursing care only under the supervision of the RN, as defined by the Nurse Practice Act, and state Board of Nursing.
B. the scope of practice for an LPN shall include planning, implementation, documentation, and evaluation of the following:
1. Providing for the emotional and physical comfort of clients
Hygiene, ADLs, incontinent care, environmental cleanliness.
2. Observing, recording and reporting the condition of the client including signs and symptoms which may be indicative of change in the client’s condition to the RN supervisor.
All LPN nurses must remain awake and alert at all times while on duty to adequately monitor and care for the patient
The LPN will observe physical changes such as lung sound, vital signs, changes in pain status, and skin integrity. The LPN will document these changes, and report them to the RN Supervisor. The LPN is to call 911 if she/he perceives the situation to be emergent, then notify ANCS.
3. Performing those nursing activities for which the LPN has been prepared through basic education and those additional skills which are obtained through approved continued education programs.
Administer meds to clients according to ANCS Policy.
Report Medication Errors
Follows proper med disposal procedure
Order in a timely manner
Participate in narcotic counts at the beginning and end of shift
Care of trachs, suctioning
Gastrostomy, ostomy and wound care
Other skills which require additional training would include, managing a client who uses a ventilator, wound vac, peripheral IV, percussion and postural drainage
4. Assisting with the rehabilitation of clients in accordance with their Condition.
Physical and occupational therapy as directed by the Physical Therapist or Occupational Therapist. Participating in the training of parents/guardians to learn to provide care for the client according to their care plan.
The LPN’s main responsibility is to observe, document, report, take action, follow-up and to promote the quality of life for people with even the most complex health issues in a home setting.
1. Medications are properly stored and organized.
2. Order on MAR matches physician’s order.
3. Administers medications and topical treatments to each individual as prescribed and according to individual medication protocols and follows the 6 step procedures each time.
4. Documents immediately following med administration.
5. Records any med errors and submits reports according to policy.
6. Observes individuals for possible side effects or med adm. Problems to the RN.
7. Follows proper drug disposal procedures regarding outdated meds, d/c’d meds, and controlled substances.
8.Clients with controlled substances: a (narc) count is done at the beginning and end of each shift. Documents missed meds or over count and follows reporting procedures.
1. Supports individuals in maintain good oral hygiene.
2. Assures that individuals who are incontinent are changed immediately using proper peri-care and observe for rashes. Monitor bowel movements and record on individual flow chart according to individual protocols for intake and output.
3. Bathe or shower individuals according to individual protocols and observe for signs of skin breakdown when necessary.
4. Men and women are shaved as necessary.
5. Nails are clean and well-manicured.
6. Assure that wheelchairs, prosthetics, adaptive equipment, and exercise supplies are kept clean.
7. LPNS’s must be properly trained and pass competency prior to performing any therapies.
Tube Feeding and Care, Oxygen Therapy, Ventilator Use, Tracheostomy Care:
Training and demonstrated competency must be successfully completed before the LPN is assigned to work at any client home
Position Requirements: MD/Compact Liscense
U.S. Work Authorization
Criminal Background Check
Full-Time/Part-Time: Independent Contractor
Salary or Hourly Rate: Starting between $26-$29 per hour**Hourly rate will depend upon skill, location, etc…
Hiring Manager(s): Ronald Emile
Discover. A brighter future. With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading...Apply For This Job
The future of tomorrow starts with emerging technology talent across the U.S. Revature is looking to hire over 300 Junior...Apply For This Job
JOINT Automated Systems are tools that help provide strategic coordination and situational awareness at the tactical levels of combat. As...Apply For This Job
We are the fastest growing employer of emerging tech talent in the U.S. Revature is looking to hire over 300...Apply For This Job
At Revature, we hire emerging technology talent to innovate the future of tomorrow. In the next 4 weeks, we will...Apply For This Job
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
|cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet.