Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking a talented Life Actuary to join the AXIS team working from the San Antonio Home Office or remote work environment. This team maintains the actuarial projection models for the actuarial department to use in Pricing, ALM, and Valuation. This position would help maintain an actuarial projection model for a product line within Moody’s AXIS (AXIS is a vendor software we use for actuarial projections).
This role coordinates, prepares and performs actuarial analyses required to develop new products, project future results, reprice existing products, and/or determine financial strength. Performs complex work assignments and problem resolution under limited supervision.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
* Under minimal supervision, performs complex work assignments utilizing actuarial modeling software driven models for pricing, valuation, and/or risk management.
* Enters data and tables, runs models, and generates reports.
* May make adjustments and improvements to models, when appropriate.
* Shares knowledge with team members and serves as a resource to less experienced team members on escalated issues and navigates obstacles to deliver work product.
* Serves as a key resource on projects involving cross functional actuarial areas.
* Leads moderately complex projects through concept, planning, execution, and implementation phases with minimal guidance.
* Reviews and produces reporting with great attention to detail.
* Identifies and resolves reporting problems independently and improves reporting processes and controls.
* Maintains proper price level, price structure, data availability and other requirements to achieve profitability and competitive goals.
* Identifies critical experience areas to monitor and suggest timely remedies to correct or prevent unfavorable trends.
* Identifies sources of gain and loss by product and assumption.
* Tests impact of assumptions and the appropriate premiums, interest margins, reserves, and cash values for profitability and viability of new and existing products.
* Advises management on issues and serves as a primary resource for cross functional team members on escalated issues.
* Bachelor’s Degree OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree (Total of 8 Years).
* 4 or more years relevant business or analytical experience.
* Attainment of Society of Actuaries Fellowship OR ASA with 4 or more years of experience.
* Successful completion of a job-related assessment may be required.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
* FSA (Fellow of the Society of Actuaries) Designation
* Experience using Moody’s AXIS software
* Experience modeling Universal Life products
* Intermediate programming skills in one or more of the following: Python, R, VBA, etc.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $97,200 – $175,000* (this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
* Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
USAA Total Rewards
Relocation assistance is Not Available for this position.
About Us: At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, fresh thinking and possibilities are forged in times of change and you will...Apply For This Job
Revature is the fastest growing employer of emerging technology talent in the US. We will hire over 300 new Junior...Apply For This Job
Description At Exelon, we’ve got a place for you! Join the nation’s leading competitive energy provider, with one of the...Apply For This Job
Our technicians help customers apply the latest technology to their lives. This is where innovation is born, when our customers...Apply For This Job
Build your skillset with the fastest employer of emerging tech talent in the U.S. – Revature. We are hiring over...Apply For This Job
WOW! A. $1500 Employment Bonus (*bonus is paid in 3 increments, $500 at 30 days, $500 at 90 days, $500...Apply For This Job
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
|cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet.