I. General Summary
IT Business Relationship Director: Overall responsibility for serving as the strategic interface with assigned business units for the purpose of business/IT strategy development, solution discovery, service management, risk management and relationship management. Serves as the business relationship linkage between the business units and IT (at the executive level). Understands the particular needs and demands of the business community and ensures services are properly aligned to these needs. Communicates decisions, priorities and relevant project information to appropriate levels of staff regarding business unit requests, projects and initiatives. Proactively shares knowledge of technology risks and opportunities to build competitive advantage and improve efficiency and effectiveness of business units. Focuses on strategic initiatives and plans, proactive, anticipatory and driving in nature and provides significant value to business units. Facilitates the planning and execution of business changes through the use of technology. Serves a lead role in enabling the business to achieve their objectives through the effective use of technology.
II. Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
IT Business Relationship Director:
1. Plans, organizes and directs departmental functions and activities including development, enhancement, implementation, and production support for software/hardware and/or infrastructure.
2. Develops, implements, administers and modifies process to maintain the efficient and effective functioning of assigned responsibilities. Prepares proposals for enhanced services to customer departments.
3. Assists in setting departmental strategic direction. Implements short, medium, and long-range goals for the assigned area based on the goals of the Medical System and department in collaboration with UMMS IS&T and Site Senior Leadership.
4. Collaborates with customers to complete project documentation adhering to interdepartmental project management standards. Works closely with customers to match projects to the organizational goals and objectives.
5. Assists in the formulation and approval of the Information System operating and capital expenditure budgets. Prepares and administers same for assigned areas, incorporating long and short-term goals and forecasting personnel, equipment, software and educational/training needs. Monitors expenditures to assure fiscal responsibility and accountability
A. Assists Site Senior Leadership with matters concerning department budget, major purchase priorities and projects requiring large capital expenditures. (Prepares annual capital and expense budgets and ensures the department operates within allocated funds.) Evaluates and approves or disapproves routine equipment acquisitions.
B. Develops and implements procedures necessary for cost-efficient operations.
6. Maintains appropriate records and statistics for administrative and regulatory purposes and assures the maintenance of complete and accurate records.
7. Fosters and maintains adequate internal and external communications. Keeps Site Senior Leadership informed of significant activities, needs and problems. May be called upon to perform responsibilities of Site Senior Leadership during periods of absence.
8. Actively participates in all IS&T Level 1 and 2 major incidents. Participates in the site emergency management plan or command center as the IS&T representative
9. In coordination with departmental management, ensures computer systems meet regulatory agency requirements.
10. Establishes performance improvement initiatives aimed at improving customer service, operating costs and departmental functions/department productivity.
11. Develops and executes effective control process and compliance monitoring procedures to ensure risks are measured, monitored, controlled, and mitigated.
12. Develops constructive work relationships with other IT team members and customers inside and outside the Medical System.
13. Assess and monitor employee satisfaction results, action plans, and assist UMMS IS&T Senior Leadership in the execution of improvement action plans.
III. Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer/Information Systems, Health Care Administration or a related discipline; or equivalent combination of education certifications and work experience is required. Completion or current enrollment in a related Master’s degree program is preferred.
2. Eight years progressively responsible professional experience in information systems development and implementation, or equivalent, is required.
3. Four years supervisory/management experience is required. Professional experience with budget management is required.
IV. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Demonstrated leadership ability, and demonstrated effectiveness in supervising, evaluating, training, discipline and motivating management and technical staff successfully is required.
2. High level of proficiency and demonstrated effectiveness in problem solving and implementing new processes related to increased departmental and organizational operating efficiency.
3. Highly effective oral and written communication skills are required to train and supervise employees, and to work closely with Senior Leadership, hospital administration, and customers personnel effectively.
In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens....Apply For This Job
Home US Team Leader, Statistical Programming IDDI (International Drug Development Institute), founded in 1991, is a highly recognized biostatistical and...Apply For This Job
Revature is the fastest growing employer of emerging technology talent. We will hire over 300 Entry Level Software Developers across...Apply For This Job
Description: Ranked Top Workplaces in San Diego in 2020, we live and work by our core values of integrity, collaboration,...Apply For This Job
Category: EngineeringLocation: Roy, UtahUS Citizenship Required for this Position: YesClearance Type: SecretTelecommute: No -Teleworking not available for this positionShift: 1st...Apply For This Job
At Famous Footwear, we believe everyone deserves to feel a little famous. To us, famous isn’t about standing out in...Apply For This Job
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
|cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet.