I. General Summary
Under general supervision, and in collaboration with the leadership of UMMS Departments of Pharmacy and Information Technology (IT), the IT Pharmacist II is responsible for developing and overseeing technology-based solutions to improve the medication use process.
This position requires strong analytical skills in gathering information from users, defining work problems and designing a system of procedures to resolve problems. Responsible for monitoring the continuing relevance, appropriateness and effectiveness of all active clinical decision support tools, rules and alerts, and when found lacking to coordinate required modifications.
II. Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
1. CPOE participation, coordination, testing and implementation.
A. Serves as liaison between Information Technology, Pharmacy and other hospital departments, as well as vendor representatives during CPOE application research, design, implementation and maintenance processes.
B. Works closely with IT and Pharmacy staff to understand system programming requirements, capabilities and limitations, as well as to implement requested ordering and decision support tools in the CPOE system.
C. Assures systems are developed and implemented to build and maintain an accurate drug product database.
D. Participates and coordinates CPOE process as it relates to order maintenance, rules, alerts and decision support programming (dosing, renal calculations, weight-based ordering, etc) and other clinical system enhancements.
E. Working under existing governance structures, coordinates the review and endorsement of clinical decision support tools prior to implementation.
F. Works with users at various levels of the organization to determine operational needs and information processing options as it relates to CPOE
G. Participates in the identification and resolution of system (application) problems and procedures, suggesting solutions to identified problems. Activities include: investigation of system issues and concerns from staff; discrimination between user error/education vs. system problem; reporting system problems; communication and follow up with system vendor that will result in programming fix; testing of resulting program fix; and verification of proper system functionality post-fix.
2 Communication to medical, pharmacy, nursing and IT staff with regard to the implementation of new items or modifications to existing CPOE clinical decision support tools.
A. Reports monitoring activities associated with clinical decision support tools to appropriate UMMS governance committees in support of The Joint Commission accreditation requirements.
B. Serves as a primary point of contact for all CPOE users for assistance with the use of CPOE-based decision support tools.
III. Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacology is required. Masters in Pharmacy or above is preferred. Licensure by the Maryland State Board of Pharmacy is required. Additional certifications may be required.
2. Completion of Specialty Residency or two years Clinical Specialist experience in an integrated health care system is preferred.
3. 2 years of progressive experience supporting pharmacy information, applications and technology required
IV. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Knowledge of health care management, administrative and operational principles and practices, including The Joint Commission regulations and laws pertaining to use and dispensing of medications and related devices.
2. Knowledge of personal computer operation and applications, such as spreadsheet software, desktop publishing and word processing.
3. Skills in prioritization, problem solving, organization, decision-making, time management, and planning.
4. Ability to work both independently and in a complex team environment; collaborate with external and internal professionals and other customers.
5. Demonstrated effectiveness in ability to supervise, monitor daily work activities, evaluate, train and motivate the performance of staff.
6. Demonstrated ability to effect cost-effective decision-making.
7. Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, complete and evaluate assignments and projects of their own and others where delegation is required.
8. Highly effective written and verbal communication skills are necessary to work with IT, Pharmacy, clinical, upper management, administrative and other personnel from multiple Medical Center departments.
Position: Personal Assistant*Located in Lincolnton, NC*Job Description: -Perform daily tasks for Director of R&D, including personal errands, professional duties, schedule...Apply For This Job
Revature will hire over 300 new Software Developers in the next 4 weeks. As the largest employer of emerging tech...Apply For This Job
Revature is the fastest growing employer of emerging technology talent. We will hire over 300 Entry Level Software Developers across...Apply For This Job
Purpose of Job We are hiring a talented individual for a Business Information Architect Senior position. The following locations are...Apply For This Job
Kastle Systems Location: US-VA-Falls ChurchJob ID: 2 Overview The property technology space is growing rapidly, and Kastle Systems is leading...Apply For This Job
New hires who show proof of their Covid-19 vaccination earn a $100 bonus their first day. This position offers an...Apply For This Job
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
|cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet.