We have an opportunity for a Discharge Assistant in the Temple Medical Center.
The Discharge Assistant leads patient post-acute appointment needs on assigned unit, communicates directly with attending providers about post-acute appointment and order needs in unit rounds, and independently schedules follow-up physician, lab, procedural, and financial business office appointments, correctly linking orders to appointment and payor mix. The Discharge Assistant also assists the RN Care Manager and Social Work staff with safe and effective transfer in the movement of patients across the care continuum. In addition, the Discharge Assistant has the following responsibilities:
· Schedules, reschedules and cancels physician appointments for post-discharge follow up. Compiles patient information such as diagnosis, reason for appointment procedure, medications, allergies and other applicable information prior to scheduled appointment or procedure
· Schedules appointments at patient hospital bedside, if possible and confirms with patient and family all scheduled appointment dates and times. Also ensures appointments or procedures are placed onto the discharge orders and instructions
· Ensures all appointments are linked to correct case, guarantor, and insurance plan
· Manages the unit scheduling orders work queue, ensuring that all orders are linked to appointments or procedures for follow up care after hospitalization
· Copies, prints and transfers medical information to post-acute services, providers and payors after release of information obtained from patient or legal representative of patient
· Creates memos and letters for patients as requested by physician or other hospital care providers
· Arranges ambulance and wheelchair transportation for patient discharges and hospital transfers as needed
· Reviews and completes Medicare Important Message Notice of Hospital Discharge with all inpatient and behavioral health hospital admissions for Medicare beneficiaries in hospital greater than 48 hours
· Verifies and updates patient demographics, insurance status, and other relevant patient information
The ideal candidate will have strong working knowledge of patient appointment and procedure scheduling rules, insurance, Medicare and Medicaid, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and medical terminology as well as a passion for interacting with individuals of diverse backgrounds.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
Knowledge of patient appointment and procedure scheduling rules.
Knowledge of insurance, Medicare and Medicaid.
Knowledge of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
Knowledge of medical terminology.
Ability to interact with individuals of diverse backgrounds.
Location/Facility – Temple Medical Center
Specialty/Department/Practice – Case Management/Social Work
Shift/Schedule – Full Time Days to include some weekends
Benefits – Our competitive benefits package includes*:
Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
PTO accrual beginning Day 1
.Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
EDUCATION – Associate s Degree or greater OR High School/GED + 2 years of work experience in relevant role
EXPERIENCE – 1+ Year of Experience in healthcare
SKILLS: intermediate computer proficiency including knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel)
Work experience with EPIC electronic medical records
Experience with medical scheduling (appointments, insurance, Medicare and Medicaid, etc)
Founded in 1991, Logan’s Roadhouse revisits the classic roadhouse from days past and brings it to life in a modern...Apply For This Job
What you’ll do… At H&R Block we are modernizing our software architecture which is generating a need for more talent....Apply For This Job
At Revature, we hire emerging technology talent to innovate the future of tomorrow. In the next 4 weeks, we will...Apply For This Job
About Us: At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, by combining our vast resources and investments, we are able to dedicate ourselves...Apply For This Job
Jack in the Box Inc., Dallas, TX Great employees deserve great benefits! • Paid vacation • Advancement opportunities • 401(k)...Apply For This Job
JOINT Automated Systems are tools that help provide strategic coordination and situational awareness at the tactical levels of combat. As...Apply For This Job
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
|cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet.