Location: Rolling Meadows, Illinois
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Clearance Type: SCI
Telecommute: No -Teleworking not available for this position
Shift: 1st Shift
Travel Required: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Positions Available: 1
#LI-S-70 At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work – and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman Space Systems has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career with Northrop Grumman Space Systems today!
The Payload and Ground Systems organization within the Northrop Grumman Space Systems pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The Payload and Ground Systems Division seeks talented FPGA Design engineers with signal processing experience to join our growing team in Rolling Meadows, IL. As an FPGA Design Engineer, you will join our diverse team and be responsible for research, requirements analysis and systems architecture, design, coding, test bench design, verification, synthesis and place & route for our digital signal processing products. You will be working with digital subsystem and circuit card designs that utilize the latest FPGA technologies from all major vendors and device families including Xilinx, Intel (Altera), and Microsemi (Actel) and support high speed interfaces, Radio Frequency (RF) and Electro-Optical (EO) DSP, controls, data links, embedded processing and processor interfaces. Your expertise in digital signal processing, modeling and simulation, and circuit level design and test are desired for this position.
Active or Current Top Secret Security Clearance with SCI is required for this position.
*This position may be filled at either an Engineer or a Principal Level based on the qualifications listed below.*
Basic Qualifications: – US Citizen and Current Top Secret Security Clearance with SCI (debriefing less than 2 years).
Basic Qualifications for FPGA Design Engineer Level 2:
– Bachelors’ degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar engineering discipline with a minimum 2 years of FPGA/ASIC design experience OR Master’s Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar engineering discipline with a minimum 0 years of FPGA/ASIC design experience.
Basic Qualifications for a Principal FPGA Design Engineer Level 3:
– Bachelors’ degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar engineering discipline with a minimum 5 years of FPGA/ASIC design experience OR Master’s Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar engineering discipline with a minimum 3 years of FPGA/ASIC design experience.
– Experience with RTL coding for FPGAs or ASICs.
– Proficient in FPGA design flow including items such as RTL/gate level simulation, synthesis, place and route, static timing analysis, and power analysis.
– Experience with FPGA simulation tools to verify performance of complex RTL blocks.
– Experience with Xilinx or Intel/Altera FPGA architectures and design tools.
– Familiarity with revision control, documentation, planning, and review systems similar to GIT/SVN/ClearCase, DOORS, Jira/Rally/ClearQuest.
– Proven skills to include: Adaptive, creative, collaborative, comfortable working independently, enjoys solving difficult problems while communicating with all levels of an organization internally and externally.
– Advanced knowledge of VHDL/Verilog, C, Python or other scripting languages.
– Proficiency in High level synthesis (Xilinx Vivado HLS AND/OR Mentor Catapult HLS) with C++.
– Experience developing in MATLAB/Simulink.
– Strong knowledge of DSP structures and techniques.
– Implementation of Digital Signal or Image Processing algorithms on FPGAs.
– Experience with Electronic Design Automation (EDA) Tools: Mentor Graphics ModelSim/QuestaSim, Synplify, Xilinx ISE/ Vivado, Intel Quartus, Altera SOPC Builder, Altera Qsys, DSP Builder.
– Expertise achieving timing closure on FPGA designs and generating test benches.
– Experience working with or developing testbenches using SystemVerilog and Universal Verification Methodology (UVM).
– Experience debugging down to the hardware level & experience using Signal Generators, Logic Analyzers, Digital Oscilloscopes and Embedded FPGA Debugging tools.
– An advanced degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering with a minimum 5 years of digital electronics design experience.
– Active or Current Top Secret Security Clearance with SCI.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
St. Luke’s is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees. The employees of St. Luke’s are our...Apply For This Job
Revature is the fastest growing employer of emerging technology talent in the US. We will hire over 300 new Entry...Apply For This Job
Are you ready to get hired in the next 4 weeks? Revature is the fastest growing employer of emerging tech...Apply For This Job
In the next 4 weeks, Revature is looking to hire over 300 Front End Developers across the country. We are...Apply For This Job
Description: Our Teachers bring warmth, patience, and understanding to the classroom every day, encouraging children to learn and grow. They...Apply For This Job
Description:Tech Lead, Commercial Technology Platform Do you have interest in building and pioneering in the technology space to solve some...Apply For This Job
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
|cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet.