Epic Technical Specialist I
Full time, M-F, 8a-4:30p
The Epic Technical Specialist I under general supervision, performs basic analysis of results, drafts solutions and/or recommendations. Provides assistance with building, configuring/and or modifying applications using existing application tools. Assists with ongoing maintenance and special projects. Acts as a resource to Revenue Integrity (“RI”) and clinical department end users related to questions and concerns regarding charge structure, build and usage of existing application tools.
Supports the Epic Technical Manager related to application build, testing, ongoing maintenance and special projects. Supports the RI team with data extraction and report creation to perform data analysis of volume and revenue trending at the clinical department level.
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
The Epic Technical Specialist should be proficient in Resolute Hospital Billing Charge Description Master; must maintain Epic new version training requirements on an ongoing basis.
1. Performs routine analysis and design support services for assigned applications, including application and impact analysis of new or different applications, processes or changes, under guidance.
2. Provides assistance with building, configuring and /or modifying application build, under guidance.
3. Performs Integrity checks on CDM additions, deletions and change requests submitted in content management tickets prior to data migration to ensure compliance with change management policies and procedures.
4. Participates in service line discussions to understand CDM, HSCRC methodology and reimbursement concepts.
5. Independently prepares various volume and revenue related reports. Demonstrates ability to create canned reports and extracts.
6. Collaborates with Revenue Integrity Specialists, application analysts, and clinical informatics to ensure that the appropriate ancillary and clinical module charge capture tool(s) are updated appropriately.
7. Consults with Epic Technical Specialists during planning, testing and implementation process; works collaboratively with Epic Technical Specialist to troubleshoot issues, provide guidance and training to end users.
8. Participates in discussions around workflow design and build as it relates to system enhancements, new releases and upgrades.
9. Drafts written documentation of various types; application documentation, functional specifications, training manuals, status reports, etc.
10. Demonstrates a basic understanding of interfaces (i.e., requirements, troubleshooting, testing, etc.).
11. Provides assigned on-site support during go-lives and system upgrades.
12. Stays current on health care and technology topics, and pursues opportunities to expand knowledge.
Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s Degree required. Specialization in Healthcare, Finance, IS&T or equivalent related subject is preferred.
2. Epic proficiency obtained within 6 months of hire.
3. Experience working in a customer service and problem solving environment is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Basic knowledge of HSCRC, state and federal reimbursement laws and regulations. Knowledge of ICD 10 and AMA Current Procedure Terminology is preferred.
2. Effective verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
3. Adheres to applications security and control procedures in accordance with departmental, vendor standards and regulatory bodies.
4. Effective data analytic skills required. Ability to organize, combine, filter, and perform calculations on large datasets.
5. Ability to handle confidential issues with integrity and discretion.
6. Ability to work effectively in a stressful environment.
V. Working Conditions/Physical Demands
1. Position may require flexible work schedule, including night and weekend support of major implementations or major system support efforts.
2. Weekend, shift work, holiday and on-call work beyond normal business hours may be required to complete projects, meet deadlines, or respond to emergencies.
3. Work is performed in various environments within UMMS.
4. Work may include regular travel to and from the various affiliated institutions within the Medical System.
5. Work may be required in a Healthcare facility which the observance of “Universal Precautions” is mandated. Universal Precautions involves the wearing of protective clothing/equipment and the observance of safe work practice.
6. Work is high demand and fast paced.
7. Talking and hearing necessary for conversations with UMMS staff members.
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy...Apply For This Job
Description Summary: Under the direction of the Regional ACIO, the IM Business Partner has the responsibility of serving as an...Apply For This Job
New hires who show proof of their Covid-19 vaccination earn a $100 bonus their first day. This position offers an...Apply For This Job
This job posting is for a position in a restaurant owned and operated by an independent franchisee, not Jack in...Apply For This Job
The future of tomorrow starts with emerging technology talent across the U.S. Revature is looking to hire over 300 Junior...Apply For This Job
Revature is looking to hire over 300 Junior Full Stack Developers in the next 4 weeks. As the fastest growing...Apply For This Job
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
|cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet.