Information Systems Technology
Salary Range: $74,378 – $127,008
Deadline: 11:59 pm June 6, 2021
What does our team do?
The Data & Analytics team is critical to the success of our state-of-the-art data management program. This team not only performs data analysis and critical thinking, but we roll our sleeves up to manage ETL, build business layers, and produce highly visible data-oriented dashboards. We build solutions that improve the quality of life for the citizens of Chesterfield County. If you love working with data and have a passion for leveraging technology to realize tangible value, you may be a fit for our team.
Our team objectives are to:
Evangelize the concept of “data as an asset”
Formulate insights that foster innovation
Enable effective decision-making through shared county data
Enable the capability of data science to empower business users
The Data Analyst/Developer is an intermediate level position on our team.
On any given day you will…
• Translate data specific business requirements to identify proper systems of record to design and populate data delivery layers.
• Design business-oriented information delivery layers to support best practices, single versions of the truth, enhanced with accurate metadata.
• Design and create simple ETL routines using SSIS packages or Azure Data Factory Pipelines, including integrated data quality routines.
• Partner directly with key officials of public departments like Fire, Police, Schools and Health to help them meet their challenging information delivery demand.
• Learn new technologies and determine how best to integrate them into our landscape.
• Create informative and engaging dashboards using state-of-the-art visualization tools like Power BI.
• Support other team members with tools, processes, and ideas.
• Promote Data Governance best practices.
• Work somewhat independently as a part of project teams to meet deadlines and produce results.
You will be successful if you have…
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or related field from an accredited university or college. Advanced degree preferred. Sufficient practical experience maybe be considered in lieu of a degree program.
• Three years of demonstrated experience preferred, with MSSQL Server management, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Power BI, and Azure cloud services like Pipelines, Data Factory, and Data Catalog.
• Experience developing solutions with Crystal Reports, QlikView, SharePoint, and other MSOffice products will be useful as well.
• A desire to continue building your skills in a variety of machine learning techniques such as clustering and decision tree learning.
• Experience in developing custom data models, algorithms, data integration, data cataloging, and metadata management.
• Self-motivation and a desire to succeed.
You will know you have what it takes if you have…
• Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
• Good skills in database query language and semantic modeling
• Good skills in data analytics, reports, visualizations, and dashboards
• A drive to learn and master new data technologies and techniques
• Good skills with processes related to project life cycles, software development life cycles, requirements gathering, testing methodologies, and source control
• A strong work ethic with an appreciation of the value in diversity
• Excellent communication, team building, and interpersonal skills with a customer-focused approach
• A desire to build trust, stay agile, and focus on innovation
You will love working for Chesterfield County
Chesterfield County is the fourth largest local jurisdiction in the state of Virginia and is a recognized leader across the country for being innovative, delivering high-quality results, and embracing new technology. The Center for Digital Government has recognized Chesterfield as one of the top five counties of our size over the past several years. Awards and recognitions for innovative business solutions, openness, and transparency of information are received annually. Chesterfield IT teams have performed well at the Governor of Virginia’s Data-thon challenge the past three years. We have earned the coveted Governor’s Cup one year.
Civic pride and making a difference are just two reasons to join the Chesterfield County team. Come help Chesterfield achieve the vision of “being an extraordinary and innovative community in which to live, learn, work, and play”.
Our environment is people-focused, family-forward, and fun.
Must maintain personal mobile technology as a condition of employment.
Pre-employment drug testing, FBI criminal background check and education/degree verification required. This position is subject to working in high security areas governed by the US Department of Justice’s “Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Security Policy” and therefore requires successfully passing a more stringent criminal background check.
This position is a part of an approved Career Development Plan (CDP) and offers career progression opportunities and salary incentives, as funding permits, based on performance, qualifications, and experience.
A Chesterfield County application is required and must be submitted online by deadline.
An Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Workforce Diversity
Description: Southwest Veterinary Surgical Service (SVSS) is growing and currently looking for an Full time Veterinary Technician Assistants to join...Apply For This Job
In the next 4 weeks, Revature is looking to hire over 300 Front End Developers across the country. We are...Apply For This Job
Are you ready for the coolest most upside-down job you will ever have? At Muldraugh Dairy Queen, we’re calling all...Apply For This Job
In a world full of quick service options, Arby’s is seeking to be different and better, not only for our...Apply For This Job
We are the fastest growing employer of emerging tech talent in the U.S. Revature is looking to hire over 300...Apply For This Job
Communication is the pulse of Army National Guard units, and it’s up to the Signal Support Systems Specialist to ensure...Apply For This Job
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
|cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet.