General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Cyber Security Systems Engineer for our Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Cybersecurity team located in Poway, CA. This role reports to the Systems Cybersecurity Engineering department, which includes aircraft, datalinks, sensor payloads and ground control stations. This position will focus on the design, development, qualification, integration and fielding of program protection and security solutions for UAS platforms.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provide support to GA projects and obtain/maintain the regulatory compliance’s such as Accreditation and Authorization (A&A), Interim Authority to Test (IATT) and Authorization to Operate (ATO).
* Follow the Risk Management Framework (RMF) Process, cradle to grave by defining security requirements to implementation and test and support leading to an authorization.
* Analyze and recommend security features on all facets of the UAS.
* Develop and maintain RMF artifacts.
* Analyze missions and systems for potential Abuse and Misuse conditions along with consequences and propose mitigation approaches.
* Assesses multiple security solutions for “best fit” with customer requirements, establishes detailed system requirements and allocation of those requirements to sub-systems and engages with all engineering disciplines to quantitatively assess a system’s [in] ability to resist cyber-attack over a range of cataloged attack Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs).
* Provide guidance on ensuring systems are specified, designed, developed, implemented, integrated, and sustained to meet security needs, goals and objectives.
* Research and develop unique technical capabilities and processes for understanding, assessing, and analyzing system and technology resilience and security.
* Assist in systems security analysis and assessments, including identifying risk criticalities and handling options, to inform decision making.
* Assist in development of systems security and cybersecurity strategy development, system testing and evaluation, and verification and validation efforts.
* Analyze system requirements, software, hardware, supply chain, and integration approaches using analysis tools to identify vulnerabilities and system architecture, design, and implementation flaws.
* Performs other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
* Typically requires a bachelors degree, masters degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; six or more years of experience with a bachelors degree, four or more years of experience with a masters degree, or two or more years with a PhD. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education
* Must have experience assessing an over-arching set of environments including hardware/system configurations in order to:
* Develop security engineering solutions for UAS hardware and software
* Communicate status of the project to stakeholders
* Ensure cyber risks are mitigated and communicated effectively to the customer
* Be responsive to information technology guidelines, policies and directives
* Implement and maintain security features in addition to developing test procedures
* Educate non-cybersecurity personnel about the cybersecurity engineering process and importance of cybersecurity
* Demonstrated understanding of encryption, firewalls, antivirus, etc. are required for this position.
* Knowledge of hardware, software, supply chain, systems vulnerabilities, anti-tamper and exploitation approach is desired.
* Experience in vulnerability discovery, and analysis tools, fuzzing tools, and dynamic system analysis is desired.
* Experience in technical evaluations of contractor proposals for systems resiliency, security, and cybersecurity considerations.
* Must have a complete understanding of engineering concepts, principles, codes, and theory; experience demonstrating a broad application of those concepts; and, expanding knowledge of principles, concepts, theory, and practices in related technical specialties.
* Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly; apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment; organize, schedule, and coordinate work phases; and, determine the appropriate approach at the task level or, with assistance, at the project level to provide solutions to a range of complex problems.
* Must have excellent communication, computer, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and as part of a team; able to perform complex tasks in one engineering area; and, lead a team of less experienced professional employees on semi-routine tasks.
* Able to work extended hours as required.
* Preferred certifications for the position include, but are not limited to:
* CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional)
* CSSLP (Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional)
* Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
* CASP (CompTia Advanced Security Practitioner)
* Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is required.
As the fastest growing employer of emerging tech talent across the U.S, Revature looks to hire over 300 innovative Entry...Apply For This Job
Are you ready to get hired in the next 4 weeks? Revature is the fastest growing employer of emerging tech...Apply For This Job
Revature is looking to hire over 300 Junior Full Stack Developers in the next 4 weeks. As the fastest growing...Apply For This Job
The Physician Assistant evaluates, plans and provides care for patients in consultation with and under direct supervision of attending Physician....Apply For This Job
#Buffalo Genetics Tutor JobsVarsity Tutors has students in #Buffalo looking for Genetics tutoring. Varsity Tutors is a live learning platform...Apply For This Job
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Performs sample processing and exempt screening and monitoring tests in accordance with CMS (CLIA ’88), OSHA and the...Apply For This Job
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
|cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet.