Position title: AV Systems and Classroom Support
Position #: 126262
The AV Specialist works within the Academic Technology & Innovation team to drive learning innovations through institutional-wide initiatives. This individual will work directly with the campus community to support classroom technology and facilitate AV operations in formal and informal learning spaces. The AV Specialist reports to the Manager of AV Systems and Classroom Support, who is responsible for daily operations and maintenance of approximately 335 instructional technology classrooms. The specialist is responsible for assisting faculty users and local department staff with instructional technology infrastructure. This position provides technical support that ensures the proper operation, maintenance, monitoring, testing and repair of complex networked AV equipment and control systems. The specialist will also be required to troubleshoot Crestron control processors, touch panels, routers, audio DSPs (Crestron and others) and Crestron peripherals to support instructional technology classrooms. S/he will also review requirements and design classroom AV systems, build/install new classroom AV systems, perform tests and pilot installations of viable technologies. S/he will produce needed documentation.
– Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience relevant to the position (AV, electronics, engineering, electrical systems, etc.).
– Requires 3 years of experience in directly related fields
– Thorough technical knowledge of and experience with analog and digital AV systems including media control systems (preferably Crestron), networked AV, integrated lighting control, video teleconferencing and the electrical infrastructure needed by AV and lighting control systems.
– Must have good computer skills including basic understanding of networking, wireless communication and mobile devices
– Knowledge of design, production, installation and repair of customized complex electronic systems to meet unique needs and the ability to perform highly technical test procedures.
– Ability to work independently, oversee projects through to completion and perform complex and time critical tasks with optimum effectiveness and efficiency – often in high pressure situations.
– Good written and oral communication skills and good interpersonal skills are required.
– Must be able to operate test equipment, machinery and AV equipment; use power tools; work at heights using ladders and drive a motor vehicle. May be required to work outside of normally scheduled working hours when needed (i.e. early mornings, late evenings, weekends).
– Crestron programming knowledge and experience.
– AVIXA CTS certification.
– Commitment to customer satisfaction: exceptional skills in collaboration, consultation, communication, customer support, data analysis, and time management.
– Driven by standards of excellence and committed to continuous improvement. Ability to foster faculty enthusiasm for and engagement in the use of innovative technologies for teaching.
– Ability to build good rapport across all levels within the organization as one of the core responsibilities is to analyze, assess and provide training solutions to a variety of situations.
– High level of energy, drive, enthusiasm, initiative, creativity and commitment. Ability to work in a busy environment and on own initiative, be self-motivated and flexible.
Additional information: This position does not provide sponsorship for visas.
Physical demands: Must be able to operate test equipment, machinery and AV equipment; use power tools; lift heavy loads up to 50 lbs.; work at heights using ladders and scaffolding; and drive a motor vehicle. May be required to work outside of normally scheduled working hours when needed (i.e. early mornings, late evenings, weekends).
Best consideration date: 05/28/2021 or open until filled
What you’ll do… Build the possibilities.We’re growing our technology team and are searching for a Lead Software Engineer to help...Apply For This Job
Revature is the fastest growing employer of emerging technology talent. We will hire over 300 Entry Level Software Developers across...Apply For This Job
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy...Apply For This Job
As the fastest growing employer of emerging tech talent across the U.S, Revature looks to hire over 300 innovative Entry...Apply For This Job
Discover. A brighter future. With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading...Apply For This Job
Communication is the pulse of Army National Guard units, and it’s up to the Signal Support Systems Specialist to ensure...Apply For This Job
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
|cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet.